I fell in love with C4
Mar 14, 2005 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jorg

100+ Head-Fier
I've been choosing a new car past month and visited many car shops, drived a lot of cars. Mainly, I considered cars in 26-29k$ (Honda Accord European, Mazda6, Volvo S60 etc.) and was already going to order the Accord when I decided to take a ride in the C4.

Damn, I thought Citroen makes garbage cars, but this one... Superb style and build quality, very smooth on the road and so many available options. But the best thing is the glass roof...
eek.gif
It looks amazing outside and fun to look at inside. Very nice interior that really looks XXI century made, very comfortable one.

Oh, I forgot that I'm talking about 3 doors model. 5 doors looks much worse.

So I ordered (will recieve it early May) an almost full option MT 1.6 with a glass roof
cool.gif
for 24k$ that makes 100km/h (or 60miles/h) in 10s. And saved myself a lot of money.
biggrin.gif

Now everything I wish is that it will be as good in maintaining as it looks and feels.

BTW after this ride I wanted to go even lower to see how's the new Astra, but it didn't impress me as much as the C4 did.

Am I alone or does anyone else LOVE this car?

Mar 14, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 14
Whoa..When I read the title..I thought C4=BOMB...and ...ahhh!!

Anyway...I wish I could see that car...Very few Citroens come to the US. {OT} My dad wants to buy a Citroen 2CV..And make me drive it! (((brrr...
eek.gif
))) {/OT}

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
Whoa..When I read the title..I thought C4=BOMB...and ...ahhh!!

That was what I was thinking too, that would have been interesting.

Mar 15, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 14
yeah i also read the title and thought explosives

Mar 15, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 14
You might want to say the C4. To avoid confusion.

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorg
Am I alone or does anyone else LOVE this car?

I have a C5 since two years and a Xsara. Before that I had a ZX. All Citroen.
I think they have good price/value relation.

I'm looking at the C4 to change the Xsara. But is't too soon it's only 5 years old. So i'll let pass some years.

I could say I'm in love with Citroen.

Mar 15, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorg
Oh, I forgot that I'm talking about 3 doors model. 5 doors looks much worse.

Interesting - for me it's vice versa: To me, the 3 door version looks rather horrible, while the 5 door looks fairly nice. But, I guess, I'd prefer an old 15 CV (<- classic gangster limo, wonderful sight), DS (I must have seen too many Fantomas movies
biggrin.gif
) or SM (I love it - some info and pics here: http://www.citroensmclub.nl/SM/smsm-txt-uk.html), anyway... Hmmm, when I come to think of it, the CX was nice, too - and if I ever had a spaceship feeling in a car, then it was in the CX. The fast versions could easily pass as flying recliners.
wink.gif
And the Xantia wasn't an ugly car, either.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 16, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 14
I thought you meant a C4 Corvette, in which case I wouldn't mind one either!

But I do wish Citroen, Peugeot, Renault, SEAT, FIAT and all those other European companies would start selling cars in the US. They make some very economical and very cool cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back