I Feel Like Such a Noob - The Rockbox EQ.
Feb 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NotSoSerious

100+ Head-Fier
I just simply don't understand it. I can't find a way to make it sound better then the original software. 
I listen to a lot of hip-hop, rap, and R&b, so I like plentiful bass, but without the expense of clear vocals and highs.
I can't find a way to EQ the rockbox EQ correctly without having spontaneous and extremely painful clipping and having sufficient amounts of bass.
I really am too scared to damage both my SP51's and my ears and EQ again.

Can anyone give me guidelines  on how I can do this? I feel lost..

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I just simply don't understand it. I can't find a way to make it sound better then the original software. 
I listen to a lot of hip-hop, rap, and R&b, so I like plentiful bass, but without the expense of clear vocals and highs.
I can't find a way to EQ the rockbox EQ correctly without having spontaneous and extremely painful clipping and having sufficient amounts of bass.
I really am too scared to damage both my SP51's and my ears and EQ again.

Can anyone give me guidelines  on how I can do this? I feel lost..

Settings-->Playback settings-->Replaygain-->select "prevent clipping" and choose "yes". No more clipping!
L3000.gif

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Hmm.. Thanks. That got rid of the risk.
However, I had trouble making Rockbox actually sound better then the standard 5-band Sansa Fuze EQ....
Any help?

Try setting the LS number at 100, and just adding gain to that one, while leaving the other frequencies flat, if you want to add bass that doesn't bleed into everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back