I feel like a total jerk.
Nov 16, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #31 of 33
Just wait....

You know the expression, "We always hurt the one's we love."? Unfortunately, it's too often true. And not just with little boys teasing little girls they like on the playground.

You'll find this out after getting into a long term relationship or two. Sometimes, one person will have a bad day. Now, just one person having a bad day is OK, but on occassion, there can be a simulateous bad-day experience for the both of you.

This can be, ummm, challenging. You see, the person that you're with knows everything (or just about) about you. They know which buttons to push, what things to say that will cause the maximum damage. They can pull out stuff from months or years (or decades) ago and throw it back at you.

No matter how rude you are to someone you don't know, it can never be as severe as what you could say to someone you know well (or what they could say to YOU).

Bruce

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #32 of 33
Bad jobs are there to increase your humanity. The challenge is to avoid showing your lack of humanity while you are working the bad job.
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #33 of 33
When I worked the german section at Six Flags Fiesta Texas I used to hit on any cute girl that walked by. That was probably pretty rude.

I had to wear this ridiculous getup which consisted of knickers, suspenders, a checkered red and white t shirt, and a little embroidered german hat. I can only imagine those girls surprise when I asked them for their number or whatever it was I chose to say. One girl said her number was '9' as an attempt at humor. I was going to say well if your 9 then ill be 6... etc. but I didnt want to get fired...

I failed to deliver that day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back