I feel like a complete ignoramus -- some basic questions
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DunninLA

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. I have a nice home system which is posted over at audio asylum, but I know nothing about portable stuff. My tube cd player doesn't have phones output jack. I'm writing because my "private listening" setup right now is:

-27 yr. old (big) Sony ES cd player next to the bed with phones jack and volume knob
-28 yr. old Sennheiser 560 headphones
-about 150 cds mostly classical and jazz

My 13 yr. old daughter kept borrowing the senheissers and has both broken them at the plug so it is only one channel, and one of the cups broke from the headband and is just dangling.

so I thought maybe this is time to join the digital/portable world.

1) what is a decent (not audiophile) system, under $500 in total, for a small cd player that would match well to a new pair of headphones? The cd player does not have to be portable, just plugged in next to my bed.

2) how does one go about taking 150 cds and putting them all into an ipod or some other digital device that would store all of those cd in one harddrive?

3) If 2) above is some kind of ipod, what ipod and what pair of headphones would result in quality playback?

sorry if those are not good questions but I know nothing about ipods, mp3, or any of the new technologies.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back