I enjoyed the Vmodas but i want to upgrade! *clueless HLP
Oct 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aviadawg

New Head-Fier
Im using the Vmoda M80 for producing music and for general listening.. Was a nice run, but im willing to spend a lot more money to upgrade.. I don't use any fancy stuff (amps etc..) so ill need recommendations for an upgrade. Wasn't following new products coming out so im kinda clueless.. This would be a huge help for me so thnx a lot guys for reading this!

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 6

Mshenay I listen in mostly quiet environments: at home and the library while I study. I have the v-moda M80s and also owned the Sennheiser HD25 1-ii. Preferred the Sennheisers to be honest. I have a pretty diverse music taste, from classic rock to hip hop. I listen to instrumental stuff while I study. Comfort is important because I need the head phones for extended stretches as I study.

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 6

Mshenay I listen in mostly quiet environments: at home and the library while I study. I have the v-moda M80s and also owned the Sennheiser HD25 1-ii. Preferred the Sennheisers to be honest. I have a pretty diverse music taste, from classic rock to hip hop. I listen to instrumental stuff while I study. Comfort is important because I need the head phones for extended stretches as I study.

The Fidelio X2 might be up your alley then, it's open back which means it leaks sound, but not so much that the people around you are going to hear it. I've used Open backs in the library at my Univerisity many times [just sit away from people xD]

But The Philips Fidelio X2 should b a nice upgrade to the M80 

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 6
First of all - my experience with open back headphones was pretty bad.. Talking about the sennheiser 598 which lacked some low end (A few minutes of listening). Also, i do use it for bus rides etc so lets rule out open back. any more questions?
*ps: thnx for the quick reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back