I.E.M /bud that has the best Sound Quality with the least isolation
Jun 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
You may have to deal with some degree of isolation then if you are going for IEMs. You can't have everything. 
biggrin.gif

Yup the very design of A IEM will filter out some external sound . Maybe the Vented Dynamic IEM will be the best compromise .

Quote:
Stax  S-001MK2?

Quote:wind016
I was thinking of getting a pair or SR 001mk2s before. The ear insertion seems weird though. I wonder if it's comfortable.

I've never heard any Electrostatic Headphones before .Don't they make your hair stand on end
L3000.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:

I was thinking of getting a pair or SR 001mk2s before. The ear insertion seems weird though. I wonder if it's comfortable.

I haven't heard them either, but I was also turned off by the design....it looks horribly uncomfortable.  People that actually have it seem to not mind though, and apparently the sounds makes up for it....

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
Yup the very design of A IEM will filter out some external sound . Maybe the Vented Dynamic IEM will be the best compromise .

Well the JVC HA-FX700 is a Vented Dynamic IEM and comparatively a low isolating one . Though to put that in some perspective the FX700 still reducers  the volume of external sound quite considerably . I.E - They are not the answer for someone seeking a similar  non isolating IEM like a fully open headphone .

I'd say the FX700 isolation is the middle ground between a high amount of isolation offered by many Balanced Armature IEM's and a open headphone .

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #19 of 22
The EX1000 gets my vote; though just as you mentioned my friend, much like the FX700, the EX1000 too sits at the middle ground, as it does tend to isolate to a lesser extent. Though in your shoes, if you haven't already, I'd definitely pay it a closer look.
smile.gif

P.S. Give this channel a listen; you won't regret it!
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
The EX1000 gets my vote; though just as you mentioned my friend, much like the FX700, the EX1000 too sits at the middle ground, as it does tend to isolate to a lesser extent. Though in your shoes, if you haven't already, I'd definitely pay it a closer look.
smile.gif

P.S. Give this channel a listen; you won't regret it!
wink.gif

Since comparatively the Dynamic driven fx700 & from what I've read the EX1000 are not quite the low isolation factor I was hoping for, there is not much point in me looking into ANY other Dynamic IEM's . They just are simply not as fast as the Balanced Armatures but still do isolate moderately,thus the SQ compromise I was willing to accept for less isolation isn't an acceptable ratio . 

House and trance genres of music features some very fast moving structures that Balanced Armature Drivers deliver with unmatched precision, judging only by what I've heard (electrostatic not included) .

Nothing quite gives you that ~connected to the music~ feeling better than a Good Balanced Armature I.E.M .

Balanced Armatures IEM's have there unique characters. Some of which are incomparable to Dynamic headphones .And headphones have there own characteristics some of which are incomparable too speakers and IEM .For me Dynamic IEM's are more for people whom are trying to emulate the headphone sound with a IEM. In which they are all a poor compromise .
I like the unique sound of a well balanced IEM like that of the Earsonic SM3's . I don't want them to sound like Big Headphones or speakers because for that I have Big Headphones and speakers. .

My other branch of research would be checking out ear-buds as they surely will have very low isolation . Though they, maybe rather like the fx700 , may all be that consumer Home HI-FI V shape Fizzy pop sound .

I want my Mids too
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #21 of 22
Why not G1a. I mean, if you like your g2's the g1a is a big step up in sound quality (properly amped, that is).

Or PK1. ever tried them?

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #22 of 22
An amp is not suitable .I like to travel light and fast .

The fx700 are actually quite usable as a semi open IEM . I was initially put of by there bright V sound signature but after some substantial  EQ-ing there quality comes through . I can just about make out peoples conversations whilst listening to music at a moderate level with the FX700. They have a more open feel & sound to them then the SM3's.So the FX700 have a function as a high quality IEM for use when being so isolated is either not practical,potentially dangerous or simply when you want to hear a moderate level of environmental sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back