I dropped my HD25s
Nov 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

legodt

100+ Head-Fier
The fall was a yanking motion from a four foot high desk when the cord was attached to an iPod in my pocket. I was running from the desk to grab something, and they slid right off and out to the floor. There are not any visible signs of damage from a glance, but are the internals okay? If there were a problem, would it be obvious already?

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 12
Why don't YOU tell US if the sound is ok?  I am going to vote that no sound quality damage was done, but considering you're the one that can listen to them, doesn't a poll seem a bit foolish?  If there were damage, YOU would be able to hear it, instead of us conjecturing, like a bunch of old ladies sitting around in rocking chairs.

My brother did something similar, although his case also involved the headphones getting snagged.  His were AKG K26i, and there was clear damage.  If you can hear it, then it's there.  We opened up his headpones and found a pulled/frayed wire.  Do both sides still sound the same volume, good bass, good treble?  Then you don't have damage.

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 12
This is like asking if you get into a fender bender with a pole and are now asking if your car's performance will be lower.  It's quite literally impossible for us to answer that question, did the fender bender significantly reduce aerodynamics?  Did it damage your air intake?  etc.  Even if you gave us detailed pictures of all of the internals, there's still a chance it could be damage that isn't visible.

If you can't hear a difference yourself because your ears aren't well "trained" enough, then wait until they are.  If you are never able to notice a problem, then there is no problem for you.

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 12
if you can't hear it, then no because if you are happy with them, they have done the job. No other way to tell unless someone with a good ear and a spare set of the same headphone tries them out.

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 12

Didn't you know that the delivery boys that delivered your headphones used it to play football?

Quote:
The fall was a yanking motion from a four foot high desk when the cord was attached to an iPod in my pocket. I was running from the desk to grab something, and they slid right off and out to the floor. There are not any visible signs of damage from a glance, but are the internals okay? If there were a problem, would it be obvious already?

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 12

Sorry but now you have caused irreparable internal damage that you can't hear, but it is there.

Quote:

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:

I'd say you're screwed.

Nov 21, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
I consulted the forums because my ears are not trained for audio and have trouble with assessing audio by highs/mids/lows. Should drops mess up internals?

Dude, you don't need golden ears to hear if something is awry. I don't hear in 'sparkling highs, lush mids or deep accurate tonal bass' and I don't ever want to. That would take away a ton of music enjoyment for me. I just don't see the point in describing the merits of gear apart from music reproduction. You already know what sounds good, believe yourself. 

Anyway, I wouldn't fret about a 4 ft. drop, they should be fine. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #12 of 12
I don't see the point of this question. HD25 are meant to take a tons of abuse and still works perfectly... if you think it's damaged, i'll say it's probably just illusion. HOWEVER, it really depends on where u droped it... anything where between 0-3m should be fine for HD25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back