I don't understand what I'm doing wrong if the Dunu sa6 MK2 sounds better than my Thieaudio Monarch MK2
Nov 18, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 19
MK2 and MK3 have quite different tuning, which one is overdone?
listening to Headphones.com and other reviewers.. while they found MK3 enjoyable, they did find that it was not really as accurate as the MK2. They found the treble is a little artificial. But most importantly that didn't find the MK3 a true upgrade and more of a side upgrade with only very minor changes to it direction that don't justify getting rid of the MK2 to buy the MK3. But again..this is just what I'm hearing. Me personally don't like the length of the IEM ...it's a taller IEM that sticks out of your ears more and for me, the Monarch MK2 is a perfect fit for my ears( I know some find it too big).

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 19
What a delightful discussion!

Yup, I'm also a big fan of the SA6 MK2 when compared to a bunch of more expensive and lauded BA-led sets.
Yes..its a IEM to be respected for sure but I will say that the quality difference between it once I tips rolled both made the Monarch stand out as superior...but again ...it should be with the difference in cost. But you have got to respect the accomplishments of the sa6 Mk2 .

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #19 of 19
Ok.. I tried tip rolling but only with a few and nothing changed. However, last night I put on my Azla tips for the Monarch MK2 and finally things kicked in for the Monarch. You were right ..the tips again came to the rescue. I am finally getting the sound I expected from the Monarch Mk2's. But of course the Dunu sa6 Mk2 held its own still, but yes the Monarch Mk2 is just a better performer and it's showing it now. I didn't think to keep trying tips after I used all the ones that came with it and even my favorite Spring tips. "All is Right with the World again, Order is re-established". Still have to give a lot credit to Dunu Sa6 MK2 for punching well above its weight class.
Which Azla tips did you try on the Monarch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back