I don't need capacity, I don't need a pretty screen, I just need Audio Quality!
May 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GeneralSmirnoff

100+ Head-Fier
  Hello Head-Fi,
   I have owned many MP3 players before. I've owned iPod's, Creative Zen's, and many other players that never really gave me audio quality but a pretty screen and capacity I will never fill up (at least not without any lossless support). I have just purchased a pair of Sony MDR7506 headphones, and I'm loving the audio quality. However, my audio source is the onboard audio on my motherboard and my Creative Zen MP3 player.

I am looking for an MP3 player that does not offer looks, a pretty screen, or a large capacity. I am simply looking for an MP3 player that will give me great audio quality that will be superior to my Zen and onboard audio on my motherboard. It would also be a plus is the player can be used as a DAC for my computer as I have been looking for a soundcard as well. 

My budget is around $100, give or take, however I am on a tight budget so if there is a player that is $50 and still offers superior quality to an iPod, I'll take it. I do accept refurbs and maybe used players if it is an amazing deal.

May 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 7
Hard to find a player in this range for a very good sound quality

Maybe try a used Hifiman 601.

May 3, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Not sure you're going to find a portable player that'll crush an ipod for under $100...
I thought the sansa fuze/clip was barely better than the touch 3g, and you could try looking at the cube c60/hisoundaudio rocoo/gumstick, but I doubt any of them would be that much better than an ipod. I would just buy a compact desktop source instead like a low end musiland or fiio

May 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I too owned many many MP3 players and none of them generate good sound quality to my ear.  

I keep coming back to listen to my vintage discman d303, d350, d321 that makes my ear comfortable.  

I wish in the future there will be good sounding all in one player with same audio quality like those discmans.

Quote:
  Hello Head-Fi,
   I have owned many MP3 players before. I've owned iPod's, Creative Zen's, and many other players that never really gave me audio quality but a pretty screen and capacity I will never fill up (at least not without any lossless support). I have just purchased a pair of Sony MDR7506 headphones, and I'm loving the audio quality. However, my audio source is the onboard audio on my motherboard and my Creative Zen MP3 player.

May 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I have done much thinking and I have decided that I will be buying the Sandisk Sansa Clip+. A lot of people on this site seem to love this player for the size, price, and audio quality. It is under $40 and fist everything that I wanted.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back