I did it!!!!
Apr 30, 2002 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I just bought a pair of ATH W100s form audiocubes. My parents are gonna kill me. Oh well, it is my money. Can anyone think of ways I can hide this fact from my parents? I know it's pathetic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 33
OK. First of all, whose credit card did you use? Did you get permission?

If you used a parent's CC without permission, they'll see the bill no matter what and you're screwed. I would recommend handing them the amount you paid in cash + $5 and fessing up. Let them hear the headphone when it arrives. They may still think you're nutty... just less so.

Oh yeah, enjoy the purchase.

If you did this on your own CC, just have it shipped to a really good friend's house and pick it up. Then your parents won't see the bill or the goods ever.

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 33
Uhh, parents generally have no idea how much cool stuff costs. The trick is to never let them know how much $$ you have. They always need to think you have less than you actually have. Just tell 'em that they weren't that expensive. Trust me, I have much experience in this sort of thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy your new phones.

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I just bought a pair of ATH W100s form audiocubes. My parents are gonna kill me. Oh well, it is my money. Can anyone think of ways I can hide this fact from my parents? I know it's pathetic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah... sure... I'll help you. Just ship them to me & I'll mail them to you in a unmarked box. Yeah... that's the best way to do it. Send them to me...

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Tell them the truth and hope for the best

Right on! At least it'll show you have some integrity if you admit to what you have done. If they find out for themselves, they'll know that you tried to pull a fast one.

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
OK.

If you did this on your own CC, just have it shipped to a really good friend's house and pick it up. Then your parents won't see the bill or the goods ever.

I did it on my own CC. But there is still a problem. I do not have a checking account so my mother still has to see the check stub.

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 33
In that case, since you used your own credit card and your own money, you're parents have no legitimate reason to get mad at you. All they can do is tell you that you wasted your money, but that's your choice. I think you should tell your parents so you can get the discussion out of the way and just enjoy your headphones when they arrive.

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 33
Matthew-Spaltro
To live in fear is not to know ones self. But to be truthfull is to be in touch with ones self.

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Matthew-Spaltro
To live in fear is not to know ones self. But to be truthfull is to be in touch with ones self.

I guess your right. Your dog is cute though. I am still most likely not going to tell them.

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #12 of 33
tell em you bought a pair of headphones and how excited you are about them and how music makes your life more enjoyable. then tell them about the headphone...a japanese import not very known in the US. stuff like that. if they ask the price, tell em. if they get upset, they'll get over it. it's your birthday. you probably shouldn't have bought it on your own without your parent's permission if they expect that from you. but you deserve to enjoy yourself as well. be brave. and if all else fails, get em a puppy.

Apr 30, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #15 of 33
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!!
biggrin.gif
Corrupting poor Matthew-Spaltro like that! I'm glad my kids don't visit this site!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Matthew-Spaltro: We need more info. Who actually pays your cc bill? If your parents pay the actual bill, then Taphil may have good plan...
evil_smiley.gif
If that isn't doable, is it too late cancel the order? If not, then cancel and reorder, this time pay with a money order and ship it to a friend's address. If the above does not work, and your parents gives you a lot of grief, just tell them you'll return the phones and...(see above)

BTW: How old are you?

EDIT: I see that your mom pays your cc bill. You may still be able to interecpt the bill and pay it with mo. We're all goin to fry in hell!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back