I did it... just bought Grado SR-60
Mar 19, 2006 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jruser

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought the Grado SR-60 never having heard anything like it. Now, I am beginning to wonder if I will even like the sound. How will it sound compared to my HD-25-SP? Am I expecting too much?

Somebody just please ease my mind.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jruser
I just bought the Grado SR-60 never having heard anything like it. Now, I am beginning to wonder if I will even like the sound. How will it sound compared to my HD-25-SP? Am I expecting too much?

Somebody just please ease my mind.

Congrats. The SR-60s are a great value purchase and amazing-sounding cans. I'd say you can expect a real improvement in clarity over your 25-SPs. Grado sound is something else...

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Like Sennfan said, allow them ample time to burn in. You may also want to try the simple mod of buying some Rat Shack replacement pads and cutting a quarter-size hole in the center and substituting them for the stock pads. People have differing opinions, but I tried this and A/B tested with the stock pads to death and settled here...

Also, don't be scared away from them if your ears hurt for the first few days-week. They're not the most comfortable, but you'll get used to them. They're worth it!

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 7
Tell me how they work out for you. I'm also looking for something similar to my HD-25-SP's(=forward and agressive). Though I do like my K240's, they are alot less forward and a little more laid back(and obviously not very portable) so they aren't as suitable for some punk rock.

P.S.~Why don't we have a grado smiley that looks like the SR-60;SR-80; etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back