I destroyed my Etys!
Mar 24, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 25
Are the new ER-4Ps coming with the shorter, braided cable? Or can we at least put the shorter, braided cable on as a mod?

Mar 24, 2003 at 11:16 PM Post #18 of 25
not to rub it in, but if you had done this mod to you ety's, you might have avoided your problem. when one of my er6 buds got pulled out of my ear by accident (it was ok but my ear hurt), i was inspired to create that mod.

Mar 24, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by kaeric
Are the new ER-4Ps coming with the shorter, braided cable? Or can we at least put the shorter, braided cable on as a mod?

It's a factory mod, as far as I can tell.

Mar 24, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
not to rub it in, but if you had done this mod to you ety's, you might have avoided your problem. when one of my er6 buds got pulled out of my ear by accident (it was ok but my ear hurt), i was inspired to create that mod.

Meaning we can send in out ER-4Ps and they will replace the cord?

Mar 24, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by kaeric
Meaning we can send in out ER-4Ps and they will replace the cord?

no, read the mod. you use the rubber braces from the $5 pair of earhuggers to hold your $300 etys firmly in place. you just swap them out yourself. it takes all of 5 minutes, and is easily reversed. cord microphonics go away, as do accidents like buubaj's. there is a photo of vwaps earhugger-modified er4 in that thread.

Mar 25, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #22 of 25
That was sopposed to be in responce to cscott23's comment of the shorter braided cord, not the earhugger mod. My bad. Although i think that I might go for that earhugger mod if the braided cord isnt a real option.

Mar 25, 2003 at 3:36 AM Post #24 of 25
hm....this cord changing might have to happen. A short cord is less likly to get caught on stuff, would have slightly better sound (as explained by someone), and braided cable would reduce microphonic effect. Go Go New Cable!

Mar 25, 2003 at 9:54 PM Post #25 of 25
hey guys, read the other thread again - Etymotic are still testing these new cords - at one stage Don said it will be at least a few months before the new cord will be released (if they decide to go with it) so if I were you, I wouldn't be trying to order them from Etymotic yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back