I destroyed my Etys!
Mar 23, 2003 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

bubbaj

100+ Head-Fier
I am so bummed. I was working in the yard yesterday and had my etys in with my MP3 player. When I was coming back into the house I managed to catch the wire on the door knob and ripped the wire right out of the bud.

I had purchased a new fixup cable so that's the one I destroyed. I'm going to try and resolder the wire onto the connector. If that doesn't work, I'll have to put the original cable back on.

Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh!!!

Mar 23, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 25
first of all i would like to say good luck on the repair
my ety cable also got caught on the door knob yesterday but i was lucky

second: what's a fix up cable
is it the 4p to 4s cable
if not does it improve the 4p's sound ( if that is possible
biggrin.gif
)
and where could one get some

thanks in advance

Mar 23, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
Feed the cord under your shirt:| I do this with all earbuds I have since I have a habit of grabbing them on door knobs, screws etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

hmmm, i might start doing that too.

Mar 23, 2003 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 25
Wait a second, how are you getting a fix-up cable? They're no longer being produced. I'm sure there are still a few DIY builders out there who make them, but something like fixup wouldn't be easy to do

Mar 23, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 25
Well, at least you had the Fixup cord to take the blow instead of the Ety cord which costs more to replace. Course it is hard to define cost or value since you can't get the Fixup cord anymore. But heres to hoping Etymotic rolls out their new braided cord soon.

Mar 23, 2003 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
Well, at least you had the Fixup cord to take the blow instead of the Ety cord which costs more to replace. Course it is hard to define cost or value since you can't get the Fixup cord anymore. But heres to hoping Etymotic rolls out their new braided cord soon.

don't mean to hijack this thread, but what's this about a etymotic braided cord?

Mar 24, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #11 of 25
you know how to improve the sound of the 4p? take out the 20 ohm resister in the cord...or just run a wire in parallel, same thing.

it adds more bass to the sound, and is way more easily driven.

Mar 24, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
Braided cord? Less microphonics??? DO TELL!!
smily_headphones1.gif

explain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back