I could really use some help with 2 IEM purchases
Apr 2, 2016 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JonnyRocket

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't been on here in a few years. Today I realized all my decent IEMs are broken and I'm listening to music on my brainwavz R1 and mono price 8320. I'm looking to get 2 new pairs of IEMs. I'm pretty sure the first one is going to be the Sennheiser IE80. I absolutely loved the IE8 and I can use the control talk cord I have with it. I also want to get a BA iem. I'm not sure what to get. I have the Sony XBA-3. When I bought it I though the music would be richly layered and textured with the notes themselves having their own air about them unlike the warm sparkley sound of the IE-80 if that makes sense. It wasn't like that to my ears. I also had the IEM that is one step down from the Triple-fi and I remember the mids and highs had some sense of that, but it had no bass at all either. I'm looking at the UE-900 as a contender for the other iem, but the build quality seems subpar and from the revises I've read they don't honor their warrenties anymore, but a 3 year protection plan can be had for $30. I've seen the sure 425s for $250, but few of the reviews said they were bass light. I am willing to sacrifice bass for what I want out of the BAs, I just want to make sure I can actually hear some. I saw on here there a person selling the Heir Audio 4.A custom for $200 plus ear impressions and reshelling which seems like it would suit my needs, but I have no experience with customs and very little with BAs. I realize asking for two IEMs with opposite sound sigs might be weird, but I like to have my main IEM be smooth, warm and bassy and the other to be clearer, textured with a more spacious rounded soundstage where each pluck of a string and each symbol jump out at you. I am also out of the loop on newer IEMs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My price point on the BA is 300-450. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back