I can't wait for July to get here!
Dec 22, 2004 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Earwax

Headphoneus Supremus
3 reasons why I can't wait for July 2005

1. warm weather

2. Sony releases the baby Qualias in the US.

and, most important of all --

3. Harry Potter book 6 arrives!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, the sixth book in the bestselling series, has been scheduled for release on July 16, 2005 in the United States, Britain, Canada and Australia.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince takes up the story of Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at this point in the midst of the storm of this battle of good and evil.

The author has already said that the Half-Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And most importantly, the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been brewing in J.K. Rowling's mind for 13 years.

Dec 22, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 8
As much as I love Harry Potter, I'm more eager to read Shadow of the Giant (March 1, 2005).
icon10.gif

The other book I'm waiting for is The Opal Deception (May, 3 2005).

Dec 22, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 8
I can't wait for july as well, but for somewhat different reasons. It's crazy cold right now in MA, with lots of slush and ice on the ground. I miss walking around in the sunshine and semi-warm weather. Driving in the snow stinks. Plus, I live close to a high school, and there are usually attractive girls that walk by my house, some of which say hi to me. (Before you think I'm a pervert, I'm only 18yrs old)

And last but not least, women wear less clothing in the hot weather.
tongue.gif

(I have other reasons, just too lazy to list them)

Dec 22, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 8
I too am very excited for this book. It was just sent to the publishers, and I wish I could read it now! I love the Harry Potter books. Whenever a new one comes out, my family fights over who gets the book when. It sucks to be the last one to finish and everyone else talks about it when you're not around.

Anyway, I hope it's good.

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, Harry Potter is great. I don't know why, but it truly is. Maybe it has to with the human desire of returning to the innocent happiness of simply 'being' without worrying about life and death in detail. Moreover, who as a child has not dreamt of being something special, that nobody knew of?
Despite all the probably interpretations and explanations, it's just a damn god book. And highly educational, too, regarding values such as bravery, trust and friendship. Those who haven't read it just can't make any statement on it and I'm speaking out of experience
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
And last but not least, women wear less clothing in the hot weather.
tongue.gif

(I have other reasons, just too lazy to list them)

Sounds like a good enough reason to me!
wink.gif

Personally, apart from the girlies, i can't wait til July because my exams will be over and i'll probably mountain biking in the Alps like i was this year.

Then again, that means my uni degree will be over and that means uni life will be over and that means its time for the real world!
eek.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 8
It's not too bad at all here in the lower mainland (Greater Vancouver area for all you not in the know!). Sunny and relatively balmly 10c today. Unfortunately I am on my way to visit family in Ontario for just over a week. Yuck. Not really looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back