I can't quit listening to my 325i's
Jan 15, 2006 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tele1

New Head-Fier
I got them for Christmas and I don't think I have been happier with any gift I have ever received. I ordered a pa2v2 amp and I can't wait for it to get here. I wonder if the amp will really make any difference??
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 11
Just keep the volume low, you don't want to develop a case of tinnitus. My old silvers left a high-pitched gift that justs keeps on giving.

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm glad you can deal with the comfort. Honestly, I feel that if you can get over that, you were born for the Grados.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Just keep the volume low, you don't want to develop a case of tinnitus. My old silvers left a high-pitched gift that justs keeps on giving.

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry.

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosCow
Oh jeez, I'm so sorry.

You being sarcastic?

(hard to tell)

Jan 15, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 11
I know my silver 325s are probably going to send me down tinnitus road after just two weeks of listening to them. Switching to comfies helped a little with the pain that I've been getting, I might have to try C-Pads in the future. I'd stop listening but they sound too good
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 11
I'm starting to get seriously concerned about whether my headphone habit is worth it. I'm still relatively new to the game, and just got HF-1's and MS2i's, and it's definitely having some sort of effect on my ears.

I really wonder whether it might not be smarter to use different headphones...ones that don't cause problems on the level of Grado's. I mean, I've been listening to IEM's for a while before going to headphones, and I never experienced anything like this.

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
have you guys tried flat pads or 414 pads?

Not yet, but they're both definitely in my list of things to try. I've tried a couple other grados and have owned a pair of SR-60s for quite a while and never came across the 325's "pain." Then again, I never came across it's sound either :p Since the Grados are so pad dependant I'm sure I'll find a good solution somewhere down the line.

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Huh. I'm guessing it's the peaky treble (more than +12dB at some places, isn't it?) making your actual sound pressure level much higher than apparent volume from the rest of the sound. Thoughts?

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1
I got them for Christmas and I don't think I have been happier with any gift I have ever received. I ordered a pa2v2 amp and I can't wait for it to get here. I wonder if the amp will really make any difference??
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Congrats and welcome to Team Grado. I think an amp makes a difference with any Grado. I am sure you will like the combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back