i cant do it...please decide for me[face_plea]
Jan 31, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #31 of 34
I wish I could give you a more educated oppinion but I have E2Cs...

Once you finally find the right tip for you (I found my ears got sore for the first couple of days when I was trying the various tips) but now that I found the tips that fit and isolate well for me they are very comfortable and I don't find myself needing to adjust them vey often at all. I find them very comfortable. Microphonics are more of an issue with these than regular headphones (you can hear your feet thump on the ground when you walk if you are listening at a low level) but overall I don't hear any microphonics from the cord it's self. I find that having the cord wrap around the back of my neck is very good. I'd be hard pressed to rip these out of my ear by accident actually. I pull the little tube up behind my neck and it seems to be a very secure fit. It's probably not a bad place to start in my oppinion, it's cheape than some of the others at least. Shure offers a 2 year warantee on these as well which is supposed to be very good.

Admitedly they do lack some of the high frequency detail but to me they do not sound overly muddy at all... Still nice to listen to.

Feb 1, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickennuggets
great. well seems perhaps im slowly narrowing down my choices to um1's or e2c's. in this cae id prolly prefer the set with the least noticeable microphonics.

Based on the design of the cords, the UM-1's are probably better with the microphonics. Its not a huge problem with the e2c's if you strap them on right, but its there.

Best of luck!

Feb 1, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #34 of 34
Microphonics-not a problem with UM1s. With the cord looping around your ear its quite discreet as well. I was vey apprehensive about comfort factor of IEMs, UM1-extremly comfortable with foamies . digg the tight bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back