i can't decide :|
Jun 25, 2011 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

atakara

New Head-Fier
i get paid this tuesday (YAY) and I'm going to get a good pair of headphones.

the limit i have on spending is £200 on the headphones and i will not have enough money to buy an amplifier till next month.

what headphones would you recommend for listening to a wide range of music such as metal all the way to drum and bass etc.

If the headphones require an amplifier what would be the cheapest amp that you would recommend to power the headphones you have chosen.

This is my first venture into audiophilia( not sure how you spell that) please be gentle :) my sound card is an x-fi titanium due to me gaming allot but i already have a "gaming" headset for talking with my friends :)

thankyou for your help in advance :)

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 3
If you just want something for at home I'd recommend the Denon AH-D2000's, which is what I have. I've yet to come across a genre of music these babies don't excel at. The only issue is they're big and they don't do a lot of isolation, which is why they're more of an at-home headphone.

As for AMP, they don't require one but from what I'm told they truly sing with one. I use mine with my computer so I'm planning on getting a NuForce Icon-2 to be my AMP/DAC. That'll cost you a little more than the headphones did but have some added bonuses, like the ability to drive some speakers.

If you're looking for something a bit more out-and-about I'd say Sennheiser HD-25-1 II's for a full-size headphone or an IEM from Shure would be your best bet.

Jun 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 3
the only noise i got in my room are the fans of the pc. need to turn them down at some point as i can hear them when listening to quiet music. thanks for the recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back