I can't decide...
Jul 14, 2008 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ok computer

100+ Head-Fier
I've read as much as humanly possible on iems in the past month, and I'm on the verge of insanity. I've decided I don't have the patience for customs, so I only want recomendations pertaining to universals. I will be using an ipod as source and don't plan on using an amp for now, but will in the future (like christmas). Also price isn't a huge concern I can afford pretty much any universal. So here are my requirements.

1. transparency (if its truly transparent it will sound good with all genres of music given it is well produced and recorded)
2. imaging/soundstage
3. comfort
4. value

I'm especially interested in tf10, sa6, and se530. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 12
From what I've read the shures are very comfy and produce good sound but have a treble roll off. But u might be able to fix that with a bit of eq'ing. Now I think the best option for you is the tri.fi 10 because (From what I've read) produce very good sound and don't suffer from the treble roll off. Also they have removable cables and 3 drivers (So do the shures). Since you are going for the best most expensive ones I think the sa6's wouldn't be able to hold up against the others in all categories. So as an overall choice the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10's are probably you're best option.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 12
just bought the se530 and the triple fi over the last couple days and just waiting on delivery(with anticipation) and hoping that I love them as much as my full size cans!

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 12
the reason i'm considering the sa6 is because some prefer it to the tf10 and some prefer the tf10 to the se530. At this point it becomes a matter of preference, and since I can't try these I'm relying on member experience. The tf10 is probly my best option right now, unless someone wants to change my mind.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 12
I'd go tf10 bc I recently got sf5p and they are remarkable. The tf10 are said to blow them away so you'd be getting an incredibly decent pair of iems

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 12
I really wish the dang um3's would come out... Anyone whose tried all of the top iems can chime in on which is the most transparent?

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 12
I had both the Shures & the UEs for a while & I preffered the Shures. I would give the transparency edge to the UEs slightly as the dark signature of the Shures does make some dark recordings hard to listen to occasionally. EVERYTHING else to the Shures though.....

Hey, any more GH:WT info?
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the reason i'm considering the sa6 is because some prefer it to the tf10 and some prefer the tf10 to the se530. At this point it becomes a matter of preference, and since I can't try these I'm relying on member experience. The tf10 is probly my best option right now, unless someone wants to change my mind.

genres of music you listen to?

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 12
I listen to a little bit of everything (thats why I want transparency) except for metal, screamo, emo, country... My favorite band is radiohead though, duh.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had both the Shures & the UEs for a while & I preffered the Shures. I would give the transparency edge to the UEs slightly as the dark signature of the Shures does make some dark recordings hard to listen to occasionally. EVERYTHING else to the Shures though.....

[size=small]Hey, any more GH:WT info?[/size]
biggrin.gif

???

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #12 of 12
lolz... Radiohead is just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back