I can't decide!! Please help me.
Dec 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
I want a flash based player, ~100usd. SQ and battery life are the most important. I've been reading here for the past 4-5 days, reading threads and posts and i've narrowed down to these:

Sony A810
Cowon i7
Creative Zen

All around 100usd and 2-4gb.

All have enough battery life for me and good SQ, i7 supports flac, which is a plus for me.
But WHICH of them has the best SQ? In the past, i've had a Creative Zen Micro (with some Senn cx300), and the SQ didn't impress me. On the other hand, i've listened to a Cowon G3 (with the same Senn cx300 headphones), and i loved the SQ.
So, is the new Creative Zen the same with Creative Micro, SQ wise? Or is it more like Cowon G3 (or i7)?
From the three, i like the most the Creative, because it has a memory slot, and the UI is nice. Also it's smaller. But i also like the Cowon i7, because of flac support (all my music collection is lossless, so if the player doesn't support flac, it will be a pain to convert it all to mp3s).

ps: Creative Zen i've read that it can be used as a flash drive (for data files). Can the other two be used in the same way?

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Ghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want a flash based player, ~100usd. SQ and battery life are the most important. I've been reading here for the past 4-5 days, reading threads and posts and i've narrowed down to these:

Sony A810
Cowon i7
Creative Zen

All around 100usd and 2-4gb.

All have enough battery life for me and good SQ, i7 supports flac, which is a plus for me.
But WHICH of them has the best SQ? In the past, i've had a Creative Zen Micro (with some Senn cx300), and the SQ didn't impress me. On the other hand, i've listened to a Cowon G3 (with the same Senn cx300 headphones), and i loved the SQ.
So, is the new Creative Zen the same with Creative Micro, SQ wise? Or is it more like Cowon G3 (or i7)?
From the three, i like the most the Creative, because it has a memory slot, and the UI is nice. Also it's smaller. But i also like the Cowon i7, because of flac support (all my music collection is lossless, so if the player doesn't support flac, it will be a pain to convert it all to mp3s).

ps: Creative Zen i've read that it can be used as a flash drive (for data files). Can the other two be used in the same way?

If You loved the Cowon G3 you'll love the i7...all of Cowons players have very simalar sound characteristics....

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 10
How about Creative Zen? It's just like the Zen Micro, or is better in SQ?
The i7 is a bit expensive and i don't like the shape and the user interface (UI), but the rest of it seems great, the question is if it's a big difference between it and Zen or A810.
confused.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 10
I would recommand Zen..

bucause ZVM left me a very good impression..

Dec 5, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #5 of 10
i have the zen micro and ipod mini and the audio quality on the zen is definately far superior to the ipod. i mean, you can really tell the difference (and i'm no audiophile)

think the creative zen 4gb goes for about $120 and the sd slot is a godsend. and yup, looks like they even have a nice ui as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 10
Put the Meizu M3 and M6 SL on your list. Both have great audio quality, and 4GB versions can be had for about ~$90, the 8GB versions, about ~$140. Worth a look.

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 10
the meizu is a great player - other than hiss - and your senns will pick up on that hiss making a nightmare for your listening pleasure.

i agree on the creative sq. it is good, much better than ipod. i mean, look at their other products: they have the best sounding professionally developed soundcards on the market that are for audiophiles and they have translated all that incredible goodness for our consumer needs in each and every zen player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back