I can't decide over the Zen Micro or the Ipod(4g)
Feb 13, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 23
sees another poor, mindless, brainwashed soul marching in a line of white and chrome carrying zombies
plainface.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 23
royboy what are you thinking? why are you buying a 4g ipod with only 1g of music. get the micro, its cheaper, has more features, better SQ (not line-out), comes in more than 1 color, and for gods sake you just said that you didnt want to have an ipod like everybody else. as for the quality issues its like someone once said "asking how reliable a DAP is on a portable audio forum is like going to a hospital and asking how easy it is to get sick"

ps. i jacked that quote from someone here on these forums so go ahead and speak up to take credit.
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 23
You have a micro too, i'm talking about the 20 gb ipod not the mini. sometimes I am a hipocrit and I will get the ipodOh I meant 4th generation, sorry for mistaking you all....

Feb 14, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by royboy159
You have a micro too, i'm talking about the 20 gb ipod not the mini. sometimes I am a hipocrit and I will get the ipodOh I meant 4th generation, sorry for mistaking you all....

you have some serious sentence structure issues.

i know your talking about the 20 gb ipod, its also called the 4g. just do your self a favor and save your self the 60 bucks and buy the micro, it just an issue of HD size and how much music you have.

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 23
You have 1gb music @ what kbps?

If it is already at least 192 and you do not plan on buying much more in the future, and do not plan on using the extra space as a portable hard drive, I would go with one of the smaller and cheaper players.

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 23
Personally, I chose the Zen Micro over the iPod mini. For one, 5GB was plenty of space for me, so that ruled out any of the 20GB and up models. I never felt the need to carry my entire music collection with me.

The factor that decided it for me - the removable battery. Power sources will die, and I don't like anything that has a battery soldered to the motherboard. My son has a 20GB iPod, and my ears think the Zen sounds better.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalManCPA
Power sources will die, and I don't like anything that has a battery soldered to the motherboard.

Good thing neither one is
rolleyes.gif

I admit you have to go to the trouble of opening the iPod (once your warranty is out, which is more likely than not since the batteries last pretty long), but it isn't hard at all and after that its plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back