I can't believe I love HD580's!
Dec 30, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Veiled sound, yes, laid back, yes, but just in comparison with other more forward heapdhones, you will not notice that nature listening them alone, speacially if they are your first high end heapdhone, you need to compare them with others to realize that, but bloated bass???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
Where did you get that, the HD580 is avery good starting point, and not so starting for anybody here...
wink.gif

Not sure what you're implying here. I've heard a lot of headphone within the HD580 and HD600 price range and I still don't think they are veiled or laid back. I've heard every Grado (recently auditioned the RS-1), and I would still choose the HD600's 8 or 9 out of every 10 times, even for rock. Even without the Cardas Cable

That or I'm really bad at spotting sarcasm, so please inform me
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With certain sources I did notice that upper mid recession......but with my current rig, Sennheisers are the most neutral....and really balanced accross the whole spectrum. synergy synergy synergy!
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

x2 with the synergy, the 580's sound so ridiculously good on my rig. I still love my 650's, but its remarkable how often I've been turning to the 580's for certain types of music since I've had them these past few weeks.

I've heard the accusation of bass bloat laid on the 650's, but never the 580's, maybe that is what the OP was referring to.

Dec 30, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 21
I'm also very impressed with the Senn 580's. I've had them for about 6 months now and have absolutely no regrets about buying them. I've not had any other high end phones before however so I can't really say much about comparisons. I have however auditioned Ultrasone hfi550's and while they weren't bad, they also weren't as refined or detailed (imho) as the Senn 580's even though they cost a little more. Also my old Senn HD 440 II's are no comparison to the 580's as those were only mid to low end phones.

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #19 of 21
The 580’s are my first and only Senns and I have enjoyed them very much. My first high end headphone was the Grado sr-80 and when I first stated listening to the 580 I did not care for them that much (too laid back, bloated, that Senn veil). When I got a better source and amp my opinion changed for the better about the 580’s. I have listened to a 650 during a meet, and I do think the 650’s are an improvement. But at more than twice the price of the 580’s I do not think I could talk myself into buying a pair.

Dec 30, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 21
i like the 580s very much and i agree that they dont have bloated bass. sure the bass im used to is much tighter yet just as present. (havent done a long enough listen with the 580s to size up their bass properly. their highs are a little distant but not very distant at all. the mids are really nice but i prefer the mids on my 501s (its why i have them)

altogether, the 580 stacks up well and is great for a laid back listen although as previously mentioned, its upper mids are lacking.

i think the 501 is better than the 580 at the upper half of the frequency range and the 580 is better than the 501 at the lower end of the frequency range. i the soundstaging i better on the 501 but i think its completely horrible on any headphone in my opinion.(havent tried crossfeed)

the 580 puts any senn thats cheaper than it to shame so quickly its not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back