I can see my wallet getting lighter by the minute!
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rjbell

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone

This is my first post, so Just a quick hello. I look forward to reading your reviews and asking some advice, on my journey to audio nirvana.
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Well i haven't spent much money at all yet. In fact i'm pretty impressed at the sound of got for the measly £160 i've spent.

I'll try and keep it short. I used to be into hifi in the 90's but somehow lost my way. I had flourstanders and had no room in the houses i've been living in. Anyway my mrs said lets get a little docking station for the kitchen. All the ones i've heard under £200 sound awful. So i was on a mission to get something compact and cheap but would sound better than a dock. This had led me to where i am now. I have the topping tp30 amp with Monitor Audio BX1 speakers. Now unfortunately for my bank balance, i've got the bug, and now i would like a portable flac player and headphones which has led me here.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 4
First, don't worry too much about flacs for a portable player until you try this test: http://lifehacker.com/5903625/mp3-or-lossless-see-if-you-can-hear-the-difference-with-this-test. Many people find, when properly tested, that high bit rate mp3s and aac files are typically indistinguishable from lossless. That's a plus for storing more files on a DAP.

The FiiO X1 is a very good portable DAP for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back