I can get a pair of Klipsch Image One ii for 45 dollars. Are they worth it?
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

magikmic2000

100+ Head-Fier
I read a lot of mixed reviews about these headphones so I don't know what to think. I've read they sound better than Bose. I've read they sound better than Beats. Now I know the people on this site really know their headphones and sound quality. So my question is ...are they worth the 45 dollars? I've had this gift card from radioshack since Christmas and can't find anything good there. I love my klipsch s4 so are these similar?

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Oh and for the record I know Bose and Beats headphones are very liked here but they known by the masses. That's kinda why I mentioned those two to get an understanding of how the image one sound.

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Well I have a radioshack gift card and I haven't used it. Are they any good? I plan on buying a great pair of headphones soon. I just want to know if the klipsch are a nice addition to add to my collection?

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 9
Well I have a radioshack gift card and I haven't used it. Are they any good? I plan on buying a great pair of headphones soon. I just want to know if the klipsch are a nice addition to add to my collection?

The Klipsch is okay for what it is, just don't expect them to wow you in any way. I would purchase my audio gear somewhere else. Radioshack's selection downright sucks. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 9
I'm not from the US but I am willing to bet that Radioshack stocks the Beats line. If you have a gift card and a budget that stretches a bit beyond $45, perhaps consider the Beats Solo 2? I've only heard them standing at the local electronics store. I thought they sounded quite good, with impactful but surprisingly controlled bass. One big reason for this recommendation is Tyll from Innerfidelity's review (link), he has heard lots of headphones in his time and had a few good things to say about the Solo 2s. You should under no circumstances buy the original Solo or the Solo HD.

I also own the Klipsch S4, impulse-purchased on sale. I can't say I like them at all, they have extremely bloated bass which bleeds noticeably into the midrange – they are very comfortable though. I think the Beats Solo 2 will have no problem sounding better than Klipsch S4s.

If you can't/won't buy Beats (which is fair enough – I bought the Pros when I was young and foolish and although they sound alright, they were way overpriced) or are looking for an IEM, then I would agree with Dinerenblanc above – though I haven't heard anything from Vsonic, I am reading a lot of good reviews about their stuff.

Good luck with your purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back