I broke my SF5 Pro
Jan 25, 2008 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
It's kind of funny because I was just reading someone else's thread about how they lost a driver on their SF5 Pro and I had responded to it, saying that mine never disconnect, except for on Wednesday, when it had gotten caught under my shoe in class.

Today, it got caught under my shoe AGAIN but this time I kind of stepped on it and the cable ended up disconnecting from the driver rather violently. The plastic part inside the driver that connects directly with the plug pulled out of the driver case and there's two severed leads poking out of it. I tried to push it back into the driver, hoping that I could just glue it back in, but no sound comes out.

It's weird because I have never had my IEMs undo themselves from my neck and fall off my shoulders (I wear them slung over the back of my neck to one side when I am not listening to them), and in class two days in a row (the same class, might I add), they came off my shoulders and I stepped on them.
mad.gif

I emailed UE and said that the connector in the driver detached from the casing and they told me to send it in. Do you think they'll repair/replace it for me? I bought it from HeadRoom a few months back and I have never dealt with UE customer service. Can I print out my email from HeadRoom showing my customer/order number and how much I paid and all that and use that for a receipt?

It might be for the best, though. I was considering selling them anyway to order some Livewires or FreQs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 18
it is up to UE. Physical damage is not covered by warranty.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 18
True, but I have heard good things about UE customer service. I know that for Shure, I broke my post off and I even got a whole bunch of superglue all over it trying to glue it back because I thought I had nothing to lose.. I sent it to them like that and they sent me back a brand new pair. Hopefully UE customer service is like Shure's.

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 18
UE are nice, I've only had to deal with them for a faulty cable, and they replaced it even though I didn't have a receipt (cause I bought it second hand from here).

Hopefully they can help you out
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still a bit disappointed in UE as they run competitions that no-one ever wins
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still a bit disappointed in UE as they run competitions that no-one ever wins
frown.gif

Well, I just entered so that's less of a chance for everyone else.
tongue.gif

They had a quote from Jude (on the UE-10) on the promotions page. Cool!

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 18
There have been a few people on this forum that have won ue-10's and ue-11's from UE as well as other products.

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 18
aww man, sorry about the UE's, but I'm pretty sure they'll replace them for you, unless you somehow figure out how to be an a**hole to them :p.

Jan 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 18
I would agree -I had a similar issue and they sent me a new pair. Just bundle what you have left of the broken ones, accessories and all and send in. It'll take a couple weeks but they should send you a new set.

Good luck.

Jan 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 18
Oh, by the way, if you're interested in Triple.fi 10's, you might want to ask the CS rep if you can pay the difference in cost between the Triple and the Super and have them send you a pair. I've heard of an instance where it was done.

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwv1080 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, by the way, if you're interested in Triple.fi 10's, you might want to ask the CS rep if you can pay the difference in cost between the Triple and the Super and have them send you a pair. I've heard of an instance where it was done.

Yeah, I remember that, I thought they only made him pay around $150-250?

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #13 of 18
I'm sorry to hear that, flatlines! I'll be keeping more of an eye on my SF5's from now on, that's for sure (no more letting them dangle off my neck when I'm not using them)!

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #15 of 18
The upgrade thing sounds nice but right now I am either going to stick with the SF5 Pro or sell them and get a pair of Livewires. Not sure yet.

I'm kind of waiting for FeedMeTrance to get the Livewires because I assume that a good SF5 Pro vs Livewire comparison will closely follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back