I broke my Fiio E17 !!!
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tl-driver

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

[size=medium]I was listening to my new Dt770's at work today through my E17. Somehow how I ended up turning around or something and yanking the headphones out of the E17. When I picked up the unit later something seemed loose. The headphones themselves were fine no damage. Turns out the stereo jack plug would move around just by touching it while plugged into the E17. Worse than that [/size][size=medium]unless I hold the plug jack vertical when connected to the E17, I only get sound out of one side of my headphones. Does this seem like something that might be covered under warranty or am I out of luck here ? I bought the E17 through Amazon. Any help is most appreciated.[/size]

[size=medium]Regards,[/size]

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Greetings,

[size=medium]I was listening to my new Dt770's at work today through my E17. Somehow how I ended up turning around or something and yanking the headphones out of the E17. When I picked up the unit later something seemed loose. The headphones themselves were fine no damage. Turns out the stereo jack plug would move around just by touching it while plugged into the E17. Worse than that [/size][size=medium]unless I hold the plug jack vertical when connected to the E17, I only get sound out of one side of my headphones. Does this seem like something that might be covered under warranty or am I out of luck here ? I bought the E17 through Amazon. Any help is most appreciated.[/size]

[size=medium]Regards,[/size]

Just wanted to give folks an update and say how much I love Amazon !!! I sent them an email explaining the situation and was granted a one time refund. How awesome is that ??? Needless to say I instantly ordered another E17 on the same card I ordered the original on. I'm pretty sure both E17's passed each other in the mail :) Glad to have my E17 back and have learned a valuable lesson. Be over cautious with your gear as it takes only one careless second for it to break.

Regards,

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 3
I see. I have a question. Why does the headphone jack (3.5mm one) loose? For example, if I plug in my headphone into the Fiio E17 jack, I can turn the adapter smoothly. Also, if I reverse the e17, the adapter will come out of the jack immediately.

Moreover.
When I connected my headphone to this jack, there is no sound from my headphone. Even though there is sound from my headphone, sometimes I only heard one side (left or right) gives sound to my one ear. Therefore, Is my Fiio E17 damaged? Thanks.

Remark: My headphone is not damaged since I plug into my computer, and I heard both sound from each side of the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back