I BROKE MY COMPUTER!!!!!
Apr 30, 2006 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
So I am cleaning my computers motherboard and proceeded to clean the headsink when *crack* the fan and heatsink fell off!!!
eek.gif

Turns out that somehow I broke the two plastic mounts which attach to the motherboard to hold the heatsink in place.

I figure - NO PROBLEM!! I run out to frys to buy a socket 423 mount and heatsink and it turns out they don't carry any!!

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get one in Orange County, CA???
confused.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 13
when that happened, i went to a local computer shop, and they had them there.

Apr 30, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 13
How bad did the crack go? I once snapped one side of the CPU HSF bracket and a quick application of glue (and super glue) fixed everything. Otherwise, you could search for a used s423 motherboard on Ebay or get a replacement s423-compatible HSF that specifically requires you to use their own provided bracket (which solves the problem of having to locate a replacement bracket).

Regards.

Apr 30, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 13
Apr 30, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
thats the beauty of having two computers, if you break one, you can still visit headfi

yeah tell me about it..i just broke my dell laptop but got my sony desktop to work again so i am back in action....
dont know how to go these days...go cheap and get a emachines or still spend 1500-2000 for another sony

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Doh!

You should've called me. I have at least one or two spare ones lying around.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Darn! Oh well, at least you saved yourself from me bugging you.
tongue.gif

On another note - there is something interesting about a humping stormtropper on top of a humping hamster.
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF

On another note - there is something interesting about a humping stormtropper on top of a humping hamster.
tongue.gif

lol...they move in pretty good unison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back