i bought ice cream!
Jan 21, 2005 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
well sort of..
i've been on the fence about getting a pair of pharrell's ice cream brand shoes and this news solidified it.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3980

pharrell and rbk (the 'cool' dept. in reebok) have parted ways on the ice cream line of shoes as well as the BBC (billionaire boys club) line of clothing.

apparently, pharrell tried to sue for breach of contract and after further negotiations, withdrew his suit and took the brands with him.

anyway, with the attention the ice cream shoes were getting from the hip hop world and trendwhores i decided to pick up a pair to stash away and resell on ebay in a year or two.

i think it's a very sound investment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 18
shoes are definitely investments.. the ones you wear are investments in your health and the ones that are considered collectable double and triple in price and in some cases quadruple.. you tell me what stock you can get that guarantees double your money in a year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 18
My shoes aren't an investment. They're just really cute.
icon10.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
shoes are definitely investments.. the ones you wear are investments in your health and the ones that are considered collectable double and triple in price and in some cases quadruple.. you tell me what stock you can get that guarantees double your money in a year.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you know the value will double in a year? If you're so convinced, why not buy 10 or 20 pairs?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
How do you know the value will double in a year? If you're so convinced, why not buy 10 or 20 pairs?
very_evil_smiley.gif

simple.. i don't have that kind of money. these things are 150US a pair, very limited, and shipping would be a pain in the ass.

there are already colour combinations that resell for 300+US.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
I couldn't wear ice cream shoes 'cause either the dog or cats would lick 'em to death. I will say, however, that my personal choice would be the Heineken Edition
dl-016.jpg

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I think those (and not specifically that color combo, the "Ice Cream" line as a whole) look pretty ugly.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 18
There's always money to be made in speculation, but only if you're good at predicting the future market. Just because Air Jordan's can bring in $400-$1000+ on ebay, doesn't mean Ice Creams will. It's worth a shot though.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
There's always money to be made in speculation, but only if you're good at predicting the future market. Just because Air Jordan's can bring in $400-$1000+ on ebay, doesn't mean Ice Creams will. It's worth a shot though.

Aren't the Air Jordans that go for that much really old? Like from the mid-1980s?

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Aren't the Air Jordans that go for that much really old? Like from the mid-1980s?

Yup, a quick check on Ebay will bring you the following threads on vintage Air Jordans and Air Force Ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...355418772&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...355734942&rd=1

Their quite a few hardcore vintage kicks collectors out there who are willing to pay big bucks for vintage Jordans and Air Force One. Vintage Jordans and Air Force Ones seems to command the most money in the collectors scene.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
For sale--> 1 pair of New Balance tennis shoes, blue and white, size 11. Defintely used but very collectable. Yours for only $500.

I'll let my size 12s for $450. They also have some mud on them so that is sure to increase the value. The left shoe lace also keeps coming untied so they are even more unique.

Jan 21, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
I couldn't wear ice cream shoes 'cause either the dog or cats would lick 'em to death. I will say, however, that my personal choice would be the Heineken Edition
dl-016.jpg

those aren't ice creams, but they are the henneken nike dunks.

Jan 22, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
For sale--> 1 pair of New Balance tennis shoes, blue and white, size 11. Defintely used but very collectable. Yours for only $500.

Since New Balance was my tennis shoes sponsor I could easily find somewhere in the basement a used pair, up for grab, at a much better price....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back