I bought HD598's unimpressed
Mar 24, 2016 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Heiku

New Head-Fier
So i received them today from my courier and i plugged them in to my pc audiojack and listen some. I'm sad They don't sound clear to me, they lack texture and bass feels too much too loose (depends what song) it ruins for Classical music. I don't hear much difference to my supercheap headphones we got for free (and they sound a bit more clear to me,-or front opposite to laid back). I heard they should improve while burning in (now about 7 hours) still not impressed (my ears the problem? Or soundcard? So many people praise these headphones for their SQ “Amazing sparkly high's, Very balanced. Lacking bass?? Not really. Umm, i don't know what else to say, give up and sell them? I really hate spending and disappointed, been happened to me before

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 11
They should be much better than for-free-'phones, no matter the source or amp. The sound-stage (or air) in the highs should be apparent from the start. In my opinion, they are pretty balanced from bass to treble - are you sure you have all of your cables attached properly?

EDIT: They don't have huge, boosted bass. If that is what you are after: keep searching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back