I bought a JVCrx-f10, and headphone use is HORRIBLE.
Dec 28, 2004 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xeo

Head-Fier
I got this receiver to drive some speakers, but I also thought that using my headphones on this receiver would be better than listening through my Creative Live Drive or my Zen Xtra. I plugged my headphones into the receiver and the sound was terrible. It almost sounds like the music is being pumped through a tin can. I'm confused because my dad's old pioneer receiver did wonders for my headphones, but I can't use that one conviently because it's downstairs, connected to another system. I would have hope this receiver would do the same.

Dec 28, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 6
Man, shoulda done your homework better
frown.gif
I've posted several times (pretty sure I posted it here as well as on audiocircle) that the headphone out on the jvc digitals suck ass.

Dec 28, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeo
Is there any way to improve it?

There is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to improve the horrible sound out of that JVC receiver's headphone jack. The only workaround is to buy a dedicated headphone amp, and connect it to the tape/VCR/line out jacks on the back of your receiver.

Also, the headphone jacks on the newest home theater and digital receivers tend to sound crappy, as well: There is digital sound processing going on - which is very difficult, if not impossible, to turn off completely - through the headphone out.

Dec 28, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 6
It's not the dsp that makes the headjack sound bad
frown.gif
The dsp doesn't sound anything close to that bad on my speakers when I fool with it.

Dec 28, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
It's not the dsp that makes the headjack sound bad
frown.gif
The dsp doesn't sound anything close to that bad on my speakers when I fool with it.

It may not be the DSP itself - but there's some sort of processing going on at the headphone out which cannot be easily defeated.

Or could it be that the headphone circuitry in the JVC receivers had been wired out of phase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back