I beg you * gets on knees * someone compare es7 vs 440
Aug 11, 2009 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deadpool86

Head-Fier
I had the Es7s for a while and just loved their sound and bass. I want get the 440 or even the 840 shures. If the 440 sounds as good or better than the es7s, I'll buy them like...within 30 seconds of confirming
smily_headphones1.gif

The shures are the headphones ive been looking for, for my whole life. Great sound and bass apparently, ( now people say the cans are not around the ears, and are more on ear!!!? WAHHH???) detaching cable, cheap. Hard to find I must say >.<

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 5
The problem is that only handful of people here so far has heard the 440's, since almost everybody went for the 840's. So you may have to wait a bit on that one. I'd also like to mention that 440's aren't exactly the most portable headphones, at least when its compared to the ES7's.

440's should be circumaural for most ppl I reckon, unless you have really big ears that stick out a bit. 840's, at least for my admittingly smaller asian ears, are completely circumaural, so 440's should be the same.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpool86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Im pretty short so i guess they should fit fine. How would you rate your experience with the 840s? Hows that Bass
smily_headphones1.gif

can't compare it to the ultra's but I used to have dt770 80 ohms (ultimate bass for under 150), all I can say the bass on 840 is cleaner not too much punch but packs enough after burn-in 100+ hours

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Both have a deserved reputation as uncomfortable phones. The ES7 headband bending 'mod' (ha !) to increase the angle of the headband and relieve some of the clamping pressure is fairly well known, but I dont know of anything for the 440. I like my ES7s, but I have to *imagine* that the sound from the 440s is an improvement given the cost difference (here in Oz, at any rate).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back