I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,157 of 1,630
Tell me then how to shift to the next/previous track when your player in the pocket?
smily_headphones1.gif

You can't. You have only volume buttons.

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #1,158 of 1,630
It kept freezing after numerous resets until it even deleted all my music. It shows a message saying that I don't have music on my DAP. When I browse, there's no content anymore in the Music folder. Different views such as Album view doesn't show content either.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #1,159 of 1,630
It kept freezing after numerous resets until it even deleted all my music. It shows a message saying that I don't have music on my DAP. When I browse, there's no content anymore in the Music folder. Different views such as Album view doesn't show content either.

are you sure that the DAP was freezing or it's just that you didn't allow it to finish its process of scanning the library which usually takes like 18 mins on my DAP depending on the size of the library?

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,160 of 1,630
Yep, this thing is annoying as beep.  Delay when you skip tracks or select a track.  Continuous play it doesn't have delay between tracks.  Warmer, but not as resolving as X5(extremely clear and detailed). sounds like laid back version of X90, but with much wider stage, more dynamic, and more definition to sound. Wait, the damn thing sounds better than yesterday.  Lovin the stage, but I like X5 better because of it's resolution as my NT-6 outputs high resolutioni.  It doesn't play files on uSD after I loaded up files on the internal memory.  What gives?

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,161 of 1,630
I don't believe in burn in, but I can't explain what's going on there other than burn-in as it sounds better than the other day.  This thing sound very detailed also, but different kind of detailed.  The X5 is clear detailed or sharp details, but DX90 is more thick and has definition or more shape to it's details.  I'm liking the DX90 details, it has better variations to it or should I say textures?  Bass is more than I like, but the wide stage makes it ok.  But, variations in the bass is breath of fresh air from the DX90.  To me it has more believable sound than X5.  I think the way the stage is done makes it sound more real. 

If you think your DAP or portable DAP don't have enough kick to make it sound wide, give DX100 a try.  
tongue.gif
  Stage is like what a desktop amp would give you in contrast to a narrow sounding iphone.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,162 of 1,630
The music must be put in the correct folder to play. I think it's labeled music. It cannot just anywhere . The unit is quirky like if you tap have some patience it will happen in a second or two. I had the ak120 and it's GUI was so much faster but the sound was so much worse. .
Letting the unit warm up a bit while using it , the sound does get better . I too do not beleave in burnin. But I do very much beleave in warm up. Also I think burnin is in our brains.
al

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #1,163 of 1,630
The music must be put in the correct folder to play. I think it's labeled music. It cannot just anywhere . The unit is quirky like if you tap have some patience it will happen in a second or two. I had the ak120 and it's GUI was so much faster but the sound was so much worse. .
Letting the unit warm up a bit while using it , the sound does get better . I too do not beleave in burnin. But I do very much beleave in warm up. Also I think burnin is in our brains.
al

All my music on my uSD card is in a folder called music.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,164 of 1,630
It just hit me.  Vocals are amazing!!!  This thing is burned in, I don't give a beep if yall don't believe in it.  It sounds like when I had TG334, euphoric sound.  

Holy mother of god, it's vocal heaven here, and the place is HDP-R10.  This ain't no iphone that's for sure.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,167 of 1,630
Not fair you just go the hibino. Are you sure you want to know .
Al

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #1,168 of 1,630
Not fair you just go the hibino. Are you sure you want to know .
Al

Just give it me. Tell me what makes Hugo better?  I heard it sound clinical, is it too accurate?  To me R10 is not accurate, but has believeable euphoric sound if that makes sense.  Then again, all DAPs I've tried recently just have different sounds, none of them I would call accurate.  Maybe Hugo is accurate and real?

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,169 of 1,630
Yes none are accurate but he hugo is much more real . But it is a little thin. They tun it to sound a little bright and this give more reality presence .
Over all it's much better than the HDP r10. But it's also not a dap . I use my iPhone 5 64 gig as a transport . With headphones it's really good the hd800 sound very good.
But with ciem s it still good but CIEMS just have less resolution so it matters less.
Al

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #1,170 of 1,630
Yes none are accurate but he hugo is much more real . But it is a little thin. They tun it to sound a little bright and this give more reality presence .
Over all it's much better than the HDP r10. But it's also not a dap . I use my iPhone 5 64 gig as a transport . With headphones it's really good the hd800 sound very good.
But with ciem s it still good but CIEMS just have less resolution so it matters less.
Al

Thank you good sir for this important info as CIEM pairing is all I'm interested in.  I guess that's why people are getting amps for Hugo for CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back