I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 9, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,141 of 1,630
I think I will end up buying this dap even after all those times and get my ciem a new cable with Furutech 6.3mm jack, call it a day and don't look for upgrades for a long time.

PS: I am hoping to get a normal functioning unit, like 10 hours of battery life and all
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,142 of 1,630
the key to ten hours is the display never being on. you can dim it as well. i never get ten hours but i do get at least 6. for the price its a really good dap. just load the damn 8.03 when you get it and shut off everything. if you play dsd the times will be much less. so my advice is downsample the dsd to pcm 24/192 and you r done. keep the flac no compression as with wav there is no meta data .
al

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #1,143 of 1,630
the key to ten hours is the display never being on. you can dim it as well. i never get ten hours but i do get at least 6. for the price its a really good dap. just load the damn 8.03 when you get it and shut off everything. if you play dsd the times will be much less. so my advice is downsample the dsd to pcm 24/192 and you r done. keep the flac no compression as with wav there is no meta data .
al

I have no business with DSD as available content is already not much. Most of my music is in redbook quality. Then the high res files take the second place. Lastly I have some 320k mp3s that I still couldn't replace by 16bit audio. It should be more than fine for me.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,145 of 1,630
I turned the brightness down 50% right from the beginning. I hope a couple of more charge cycles will improve the battery. Only time will tell.

I think being able to use all functionalities that you need for music, including the screen, determines the real battery life. Of course, I do turn off everything irrelevant such as BT and Wi-Fi. I don't play thousands of songs in the same order every time to save battery life. Otherwise, it'll be like "You will live a long life, as long as you don't leave this bed because moving your limbs uses oxygen". The screen is a major functionality of the device. It's supposed to be used. Not that I keep it turned on all the time, but whenever I feel like listening to another album, I won't hesitate to navigate the menu. I won't keep listening to an album that I don't want to listen to, just to save battery.

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #1,146 of 1,630
Just got this bad boy to test it out with my NT-6.  So far, it's way too laggy.  There is delay after you select the song to play.  Anyway to speed this up, or it's something you have to put up with?  Can you do folder view/play?  Also, does this have usb DAC mode like the AKs and X5?

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,147 of 1,630
  Just got this bad boy to test it out with my NT-6.  So far, it's way too laggy.  There is delay after you select the song to play.  Anyway to speed this up, or it's something you have to put up with?  Can you do folder view/play?  Also, does this have usb DAC mode like the AKs and X5?

A little read and search can help you know.. First try to find answers to your questions by using the search function, then if you can't find anything useful, then people can help you.

As for your questions, yes there is a folder view/play. No usb dac function. The latest and best functioning firmware is 8.03 beta, it removes the useless stuff and just keeps the player. It is a little laggy compared to the new daps in the market around but even after all those months/years, it is accepted as a top notch sounding player. Possibly the best price/performance product if you can live with its shortcomings like the size, laggy UI.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,151 of 1,630
John Coltraine is amazing on these.  I like the warmth, it brings realism.  Very realistic sounding.  My X5 sounds more clear, but R10 has more believable sound.  Bass quality is better than DX90, and realistic stage and wide. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,152 of 1,630
I could be wrong but I think you are up sampling the files. If I play 24/96 it displays it
If I okay 24/192 it dismays. Only when I play dsd it displays the high bit rate but shows 24/88.2

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,153 of 1,630
It is definitely an improvement over DX90.  It has much wider sound, and bass sounds realistic.  And it doesn't have artificial forward treble or bass.  In general, the sound is believable like desktop setup.  It's like carrying a desktop sounding setup in your hand.  I think a better amp to LO could improve it more as long as you have a very transparent amp.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #1,155 of 1,630
Pics please. Reg BT are you crazy it's plays leave it alone lmao. I would not enable the BT as it will just make it crash more.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back