I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Aug 17, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #1,606 of 1,630
Yes, power bank, they usually are rated 5V and 0.5 up to 2 Ah, maybe more the fast charge ones, can't say for that. I would be careful with the cable, measure it first, which is+ and which -, don't know how R10 would manage reverse polarity and I can't remember that. About the reset function I have read only, and I do not remember how long to keep it pressed, sorry.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,607 of 1,630
I am afraid the problem with no reaction is of hardware failure somehow, it's strange there's no sign of life at all, usually the reset saves the device from a stuck screen or something, it seems like the charger or the battery, or even worse some power module inside is burned. I really really hope is something external or at least the battery and nothing burned on the motherboard.. Please update us!

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,608 of 1,630
Ah, sorry! I have understood it wrong, it's not totally dead, I must have mixed the things I am reading all at once! You should be fine even if download mode it's not working, there are so many softwares for it which you just put on the internal storage or micro SD as a small ISO I think and on next reboot it asks you to update. Can't remember exactly the procedure and you should not need download mode at all. I kept on saving software versions on my PC, including stock ones, just in case, but never tried one. I have R10, but I'm sure some are for D and some are universal. On my phone I keep changing Android versions back and forth with no problem at all.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,609 of 1,630
Yes, power bank, they usually are rated 5V and 0.5 up to 2 Ah, maybe more the fast charge ones, can't say for that. I would be careful with the cable, measure it first, which is+ and which -, don't know how R10 would manage reverse polarity and I can't remember that. About the reset function I have read only, and I do not remember how long to keep it pressed, sorry.

I 've tried using powerbank but no power coming into r10

Quote:
I am afraid the problem with no reaction is of hardware failure somehow, it's strange there's no sign of life at all, usually the reset saves the device from a stuck screen or something, it seems like the charger or the battery, or even worse some power module inside is burned. I really really hope is something external or at least the battery and nothing burned on the motherboard.. Please update us!

i don't think so
I 've written it , at first I fill the visible screen turns on and displays charging progress bar
but I am interested to open the back cover to see the battery
Quote:
Ah, sorry! I have understood it wrong, it's not totally dead, I must have mixed the things I am reading all at once! You should be fine even if download mode it's not working, there are so many softwares for it which you just put on the internal storage or micro SD as a small ISO I think and on next reboot it asks you to update. Can't remember exactly the procedure and you should not need download mode at all. I kept on saving software versions on my PC, including stock ones, just in case, but never tried one. I have R10, but I'm sure some are for D and some are universal. On my phone I keep changing Android versions back and forth with no problem at all.

and, you give me idea
can you show me how make the, like self command prompt, so the r10 can read and self looking for firmware on the micro sd?
or i can just put firmware in micro sd and do reset way?

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #1,610 of 1,630
No self command prompt, nothing, you just copy the image on internal or SD, can't remember exactly and on next restart it finds it and asks to update. I have found all this HERE, and then got directions to a Russian site where a guy named Doc2000 or smth, keeps testing and creating different software versions like ultra clear, or iem tweaked sort of. I have saved most of them, with instructions and change list on my PC back home. Also the link I think. Maybe I'll find a way to post them all here, a link or smth

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #1,611 of 1,630
But you should find it all here, start looking for r10 original software. That's how I did. But not all versions are universal. Some are only for D and some only for r10. And about the power bank problem, R10 and DX100 are totally different here, one of them needs double the voltage of the other to function. I was reading and saving a lot of info about them about 3 years ago when i got mine, now I'm a little outdated sorry for some inexact answers..

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,612 of 1,630
after all this time I did not check because I expect the battery to be empty , I tried to fill it back and correct according to my guess that I can turn on.
the funny thing is , the system will be crashed up if I charging it long time and finally I tried charging it in the condition of the battery below 1 % .

I change the firmware to russian version through recovery mode and successfully and there are funny things again that when I copy songs into it , the system collide again . I insert micro sd and legible songs from there . I tried to play it but no song out of the phone out ( 3.5 and 6.3 ) and line out . I do not have an amplifier so it can not try to coax and optical out

any suggestion?

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,613 of 1,630
Strange! I have never heard this type of problems before! Do some factory reset from the settings before and after flashing the new software, and try more versions of software. There are at least 3 original ones from Hibino and lots of russian ones. At least one should work... I am going to search for the russian site now and post the link here. I use Chrome browser and it translates for me in realtime. Usually, if you change the software on a device like this, Android in general, it should behave like a new and different one. Also, the hardware reset, you tried it? With the pinhole?

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #1,615 of 1,630
  Delete cache folder on the internal memory also, it might have kept wrong data about the apps on the player. A new one will be created.

I just did that on mine a few nights ago. After loading a ton of files to internal memory, my R10 wouldn't play anything and kept showing 00.00 time for each track (no matter how many hours I waited for media 'scanning'). Cleared cache from every app I could find and now everything plays fine again.

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,616 of 1,630
I cannot find the link. I am making a zip with all the firmwares I have, original and russian and post a link to my Mega cloud here. It is large, I hope it will work. Every one of them has a text document with details and instructions sometimes with bad english, they are all translated by Chrome or Google translate, I do not understand russian.

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #1,617 of 1,630
Every time you install new firmware you have to delete cache folder and do a factory reset, so that old settings or junk do not interfere with the new software. Clean it and reset it before flashing a new firmware, and also immediately after install! Then give it some time to finish loading the system and all.
The zip is compressed with 7zip.
It includes everything I have software related to those 2 players. It also includes Rockbox apk which is not recommended because it downgrades the sound quality. No other apk but the original player is recommended for the same reason and also because the player has small cpu and ram and it will become unresponsive.
In the main directory there is a text with different methods of unbricking a player and installing software via PC. Never tried those. Never needed them, they are there as a last resort. Also there is a flashing-unbricking apk. for that.
I recommend choosing the software version you want to try, read instructions and copy the image on the player. No other complications required. (Do the reset and cache cleaning also)
BEFORE STARTING, READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE SURE THE SOFTWARE IS OR WORKS WITH YOUR PLAYER!!! 
All text is original, just translated, I did not edited it, everyone understands his own from it. That`s why I kept it original.
I do a lot of rooting, flashing different custom roms on my Android devices, but with those players, their old and modded Android 2.. software and limited resources things are different, I am no expert. Should be simple though..
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for negative results, I am not encouraging anyone to do this, I just share my database which was free to the public, no copyrights, with hope that it will help some of our friends here. I have been working hours to collect all this. 

https://mega.nz/#!PslDFCCY!XTpsPp9OifKCyj0fniPD2NQUeSaB7ohwyNZDoqxV8v0

There it is. About 2.6 Gb.

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,619 of 1,630
Think I figured out why I was having battery issues with my R10.

I had the SRC setting at max 192khz upsampling. Switched to Native playback and battery life seems to be back to normal. Looks like upsampling doubles or triples power consumption.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #1,620 of 1,630
  Think I figured out why I was having battery issues with my R10.

I had the SRC setting at max 192khz upsampling. Switched to Native playback and battery life seems to be back to normal. Looks like upsampling doubles or triples power consumption.

Yes anything that increases the CPU work will use more current.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back