I am very happy with my audio system
Feb 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Years after I bought each component for my head-fi system, I am very happy with it and I would probably not change out anything for the time being. It has everything that I wanted in a high end high fidelity audio system: resolution, clarity, balance, dynamics, speed, versatility, and it plays a proven format that will still be with us for some time into the future. I have been on a roller coaster ride when it comes to settling upon my current system and I think that I tried every new format out there and most of the new fangled technologies. I deliberately picked a conservative system that sounds far superior to anything that I have heard that is still within my budget.

Of course, I may decide to upgrade my headphones by getting a different brand.

For now, I am very happy with my audio system.

How about you? What would you change if necessary?

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm about to start that roller coaster ride in the near future. Although I am more than pleased with my newly built system, the amp lacks the power to really deliver with classical music. I am often left just a bit dissatisfied, after what should be a completely enjoyable listening experience. OTOH as was expected, the amp absolutely excels with less dynamic recordings. This of course complicates the goal of maintaining a single do-it-all system.

Depending on the new amplifiers characteristics, there may also include a switch from the currently compatible HD600 to the HD650. As was planned, I will also upgrade my source to the Audio Note CD-3.1/II or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back