I am thinking about getting a wired over the ear set of headphones, would like it to be under a $100
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

4ktvs

New Head-Fier
So I have a $50 over the ear Bluetooth set ( Sentey B-Trek H9 LS-4560) that I kind of like, though not as much as my in ear Sennheiserr MM 30G before it blew up on me and sounds worse than my junk $5 set I got at best buy. (They were a good deal to me at $19.99 and they are being mailed in for free repair/replacement.)

I might also want a 2nd pair of good wired in ear headphones but mainly I want to find a good set of wired over the ear so that when I have to charge the Bluetooth set all day or all night that I have something I can use that I like. I might even want to make this my main set if I really end up liking it.

I am kind of a noob when it comes to audio and the MM 30G was what made me begin to care about how stuff sounds.

I am thinking about getting the Sony MDR7506 as it gets non stop great reviews and I can get a set for about $80. I like Sony products and have bought a number of things from them over the years. I am open to other brands and I don't really mind who made it as long as it's a great product for the money and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 6
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and don't isolate well)?

What equipment will be feeding and powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking.

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 6

I don't want a lot of sound leak so open is out. I don't plan on using an amp unless it really needs it to work well. I will be using my desktop, laptop and Sony Z3 compact with them most likely.

I guess I am seeking something kind of like my MM 30G's where before they broke last month. As for Genres mostly rock, though they will likely be used for video games as well paired with my PC.

I don't care if they come with a mic or not, don't really use a mic on the headsets I have that do have one so that part doesn't matter much.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 6

I don't a lot of sound leak so open is out. I don't plan on using an amp unless it really needs it to work well. I will be using my desktop, laptop and Sony Z3 compact with them most likely.

I guess I am seeking something kind of like my MM 30G's where before they broke last month. As for Genres mostly rock, though they will likely be used for video games as well paired with my PC.

I don't care if they come with a mic or not, don't really use a mic on the headsets I have that do have one so that part doesn't matter much.

I (and I suspect most everyone else on this thread) have never heard the 30 G's.

The 7506 is a solid choice, provided you are OK with a non-detachable cable that's almost 10 feet long.

I suggest that you spend some time with the Buying Guide:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide 

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 6

I (and I suspect most everyone else on this thread) have never heard the 30 G's.

The 7506 is a solid choice, provided you are OK with a non-detachable cable that's almost 10 feet long.

I suggest that you spend some time with the Buying Guide:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide 

Looked at the guide and realized I have no idea what I would like. LOL

I will likely get the Sony in a few days unless I see a reason other than the long non-detachable cable that I shouldn't or it wouldn't be a good fit for the money.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back