I am thankful!
Oct 25, 2004 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

L01

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

for something like a year I am working on my PC-jukebox. I even programmed my own jukebox-software which controls foobar of my palm and pocket-pc.

Only problem I was worrying, was the soundcard.... I tried Ap2496, tried 040, ESI Waveterminal... everything was fine, it worked. But somehow, something was missing all the time compared to a CD-player.

Because of that, I bought the Benchmark DAC1... some people here told, that it raises sound to another level and it´s true: my 040 and Benchmark DAC1 sound amazing, detailed, nice, nearly analog, precise and perfect stereo imaging. I love it!

Thank you all very much for recommending it (iron-dreamer, etc.)

cheers
Andreas

Oct 26, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 5
The bass was kind of thin for my R10's, but that's what EQ's are for.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 26, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by L01
Hello Head-Fi,

for something like a year I am working on my PC-jukebox. I even programmed my own jukebox-software which controls foobar of my palm and pocket-pc.

Only problem I was worrying, was the soundcard.... I tried Ap2496, tried 040, ESI Waveterminal... everything was fine, it worked. But somehow, something was missing all the time compared to a CD-player.

Because of that, I bought the Benchmark DAC1... some people here told, that it raises sound to another level and it´s true: my 040 and Benchmark DAC1 sound amazing, detailed, nice, nearly analog, precise and perfect stereo imaging. I love it!

Thank you all very much for recommending it (iron-dreamer, etc.)

cheers
Andreas

Hey, welcome to the club! Another blissful DAC1 ownership experience!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back