I am SOOOO tired of bad weather wrecking my home...
Jul 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #61 of 66
Ouch. Sorry, Rob! You just got those Epos speakers, didn't you? I was up a lot that night from the rain and lightning. Two thunder claps were so loud, I was sure it hit my block. My dogs were freaking out - one hid in the closet all night, and the other jumped up in my bed, to huddle up with me, which he's never done before.

I have my whole main system in my basement, so I'd be devastated if this happened to me. I've never gotten overflowed rain water in my home despite being just a few miles from you. Some water once, from a gutter that broke off and poured rain directly down the side of my house, and laundry water once when the plumber didn't rod the accesory line. But otherwise, nothing, which is pretty remarkable. I consider myself veeerry lucky!!!!!

But I"ve gotten water twice in the last month in my office in Berwyn. Plus, the night of the storm, a trucker turned his semi around in my parking lot and took out the power line, phone line, the pole, and part of the wall it was bolted to. I worked with no power yesterday, and maybe tonight, my late night. My landlords have been awesome, and they hope to restore power today through some crafty maneuvering, despite still having to repair that wall, and having to get new carpeting for the second time in a month. A nuisance for me, but a huge problem for them.

Best to you and the family - let me know if I can help somehow...

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #62 of 66
Wow John - given how much rain you got where you live, I can't imagine how you DIDN'T get water in your basement - you must live on a hill
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #64 of 66
Wow, that some serious rain you guys got up there in Chicago. Nearly 8 inches in 12 hrs can overwhelm even some of strongest drainage systems. I'm sorry to here about your lost but relieved to here no one got hurt or had there home washed away.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #66 of 66
Oh man, that really sucks.  I feel terrible for you.  This has got to be a major pain in the arse for you.  So sorry.  My thoughts are with you while you clean up and rebuild from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back