I am so glad that there is a way to continue this community.
Jun 22, 2001 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 23
Great to see so many fellow "junior member"s.
biggrin.gif

The credit of the site should go to:_______?

It would be great if the front page could have an "About Us" link so we can more appreciate those labor tirelessly behind doors for the community.

Jun 22, 2001 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 23
Seems like Jude is our headphone dude opened the forum based on the number of his posts and the contact email address. Neil is probably the techie since he knows the forum's hardware inside out.
cool.gif

Personal solute to you!

BTW, should we enforce some rules to reduce the traffic so history does not repeat itself?

Jun 22, 2001 at 3:04 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by templeboy
BTW, should we enforce some rules to reduce the traffic so history does not repeat itself? [/B]

Templeboy -- I don't think that we need any rules to help reduce traffic. Rules pretty much wouldn't help in the sense that if you go back one page, and view the thread (with my last post being the one about the hardware/bandwidth) -- that page is about 60K -- just the text not including images.

One might suggest that we can reduce image usage, but that would be neglible.

I think that the boat we're in is one with a lot of hi-fi headphone enthusiasts that are very active readers and posters. We have the resources to handle bandwidth and CPU and being the tech-head, I look forward to the day that we have to throw this onto the load-balancers!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

The credit of the site should go to:

The credit of the site should go to everyone who reads and posts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2001 at 5:24 PM Post #19 of 23
found you lot at last! its been weird starting up my browser and then not automatically going to the headwize forums
biggrin.gif

anyway on with some headphone issues: i got my mum to phone my aunt in hong kong to buy and send over some 888's. cant wait! they will be mainly for my MD. Just had a quick question - playing them at low volumes roughly how long will they take to break in? this is more to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2001 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 23
Hello Headwizers. I'm a first time poster here. I guess we've all breathed a sigh of relief about this new forum. So this is what a Headwize patch feels like
biggrin.gif
. The addition of this snazzy place offers exciting opportunities to us all. Man, with the kind of hardware and resources backing them up, these sites can do craploads of stuff that cmoy might have wanted but couldn't get to. I still think that its a good idea to donate to headwize though. Hell why not here too? Hmmm, time to burrow into my music forum home. Thankyou St. Jude
biggrin.gif

jamf.

"Celebrate good times, come on!"
- Kool and the Gang.

Jun 23, 2001 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 23
simonlo: my 888s took all of 24 hrs. to burn in. At first they sounded, muddy and congested - sort of like bright headphones played through your nose (DON'T ENVISION THAT!). After burn-in, they became the best earbuds i've ever heard.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back