I am so confused...
Mar 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

soxorz

New Head-Fier
I'm just gonna keep it short and sweet.

I have a Skullcandy ink'd (this is considered a bad choice among the majority here, yes I know.), and MeElectronics M9. I read on a couple of threads and reviews on other sites that the M9's are supposed to have great bass. But the thing is, they both sound the same. I have tried a few different songs, and bass pretty much sounds the same. So why are skullcandy's hated on here besides the fact they break down after a few months?

Another thing is, I have had burn-in the ink'd and have already by playing some pink noise for a while. ~50 hours with this, youtube.com/watch?v=pPk9HpXZLj8. The bass seemed to have improved, but when I got the M9's (today), they sound the same as the skullcandys.

But what I'm trying to say is, are M9's and Ink'd the same thing, or will the burn in of the M9 will have better bass then it after I have the burn-in? Because frankly, I cannot hear the difference.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I'm just gonna keep it short and sweet.

I have a Skullcandy ink'd (this is considered a bad choice among the majority here, yes I know.), and MeElectronics M9. I read on a couple of threads and reviews on other sites that the M9's are supposed to have great bass. But the thing is, they both sound the same. I have tried a few different songs, and bass pretty much sounds the same. So why are skullcandy's hated on here besides the fact they break down after a few months?

Another thing is, I have had burn-in the ink'd and have already by playing some pink noise for a while. ~50 hours with this, youtube.com/watch?v=pPk9HpXZLj8. The bass seemed to have improved, but when I got the M9's (today), they sound the same as the skullcandys.

But what I'm trying to say is, are M9's and Ink'd the same thing, or will the burn in of the M9 will have better bass then it after I have the burn-in? Because frankly, I cannot hear the difference.

The Ink'd are notorious for their screechy trebles: when I first put them on I thought I was listening to screaming banshees (note this was before I got more serious about IEMs). Vocals in general don't sound well with these. I've also found the bass to be quite anemic compared to my CX300s. IMO there's really nothing going for them.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The Ink'd are notorious for their screechy trebles: when I first put them on I thought I was listening to screaming banshees (note this was before I got more serious about IEMs). Vocals in general don't sound well with these. I've also found the bass to be quite anemic compared to my CX300s. IMO there's really nothing going for them.

Could you link me to a song where vocals are "screaming banshees"? I would like to see what you mean.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Could you link me to a song where vocals are "screaming banshees"? I would like to see what you mean.

Try female J-Pop vocals. The Ink'd weren't mine; I've only listened to them briefly, but even that was enough. The sound was so piercing that I actually found it painful to listen to music with these.

Their trebles are obviously boosted to compensate for a crappy driver. I wouldn't spend more than $4 on these. Even my stock earbuds sounded better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back