I am now a member of the FX33 (Marshmallow) Owners Club =)
Jul 1, 2007 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
I was at Fry's in Renton..and got them on impulse. At first they didn't sound too great at all..no bass & bright-ish sounding. But once I switched out the stock foams with the other ones that were in the case (I think they were abit thicker)..and HUGE difference! Lots of bass, not too boomy or over powering. But I think I need a slightly bigger tip. These foams just fit in my ear with very little or no squishyness to get them in my ears.

I am going to break them in for a while before I look into the Kramer FX33 mod's.

These little buggers sound great!

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 12
They are least used headphones I have but they sure are fun sounding. I don't find them bass-shy at all with stock tips you might not be getting a good seal. But definitely electornica-techno sounding. I use them when I don't want to carry a K81DJ with my iPod.

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 12
I ghetto rigged some tape on my foams...the seal is better, but not as comfortable.

Where can I get these Orange Foamies, or other tips?

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ghetto rigged some tape on my foams...the seal is better, but not as comfortable.

Where can I get these Orange Foamies, or other tips?

eBay of course. There's a seller I've used for Shure tips named iDealSound that should have them at a decent price with free shipping.

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 12
Will EA306's Triple-flange sleeves fit?

How large are the EA210L's orange foams? compared to the stock mallow ones?

Will the EA410A's fit the FX33's? or the EA506A's?

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 12
?

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 12
i also am a member of the FX33's. I payed the full 25$ but i understand there was a 10$ sale at bestbuy or something recently. The kramer's mod makes them sound great! unfortunately, i don't have any other tips to exchange them with.. is there a huge noticable difference in SQ?

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 12
I do like these little buggers alot, I just wish the seal was a tad better.

So what exact brand & model of tips do I need to Google?

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 12
I am also a new member of the FX33 club (sounds like some monster AMD chip, doesn't it?!). They are interesting IEMs, definitely several steps above the iBuds. The Kramer mod does wonders for them; before the mod I could barely make out anything above the headache-inducing bass (disclaimer: I am not a basshead) but now they are far more sonically balanced. They are still quite punchy and they still have a distinctive sound, but are enjoyable on-the-go.

I wouldn't use them for any serious listening, but think the $10 I spent was well worth it.

One thing worth mentioning is that they are so sensitive, you may start to hear noise/hiss where you never have before. This could start the upgrade bug a-buzzing, so consider yourself warned.

Oh, and I have no problems sealing the default blue squishies in my ears... if I did (apparently some/a significant number of people have this problem) I might not like them as much.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #11 of 12
I really like my Marshmallows. I use them a lot.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 12
I want Marshmallows... whenever I go to buy them they are sold out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back