i am new
Aug 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

rene74monte

New Head-Fier
hi people , i am rene , from the netherlands and i am new here .
the reason i am here is that i have a problen and really dont know where else to go .
i have a beyerdynamic dt990, 600 ohm and a littledot mk4 , the 990 has been sent back for repair twice 
both times the left side was completely gone , and now it is still not good , i have to tap the headphone before the left side kicks in completely and it it makes a sound at low tones that should not be there .
i contacted the dealer over here and they point the finger at the littledot they say it can not drive these headphones , then i contacted the dealer for beyerdynamic in the netherlands , he says the littledot dos not give more then 300 ohms and only a few people use it with a 600 ohm headphone , then they start about the law of ohm , that with the specifications of the littledot it is impossible to drive a 600 ohm headphone because it goes against the law of ohm ????????

i am getting kind of sick of this all and would like to know if the are right or not , 
as far as i know for a headphone with high ohm an amp should only deliver more voltage , 

i am not very good with all the technical stuff but if the whole world uses littledot amps and a lot of people use 600 ohm cans with them and nobody on the internet complains about them then i guess they are all right

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 11
The Little Dot MK4 has more than enogh power to drive 600 ohm headphones, 500 mW. It is their flagship amp and has nothing to do with the headphones. I say return the Beyers and try for a completely new pair and see if that solves it. Cheers!

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 11
that`s what i thought , but he keeps saying the littledot goes up to 300 ohms and not more , the guy is a complete ******* i have never dealed with a person as rude as him  , not very customerfriendly , he also told me that if a beyer needs repair they completely change out the inside so it is new again ,
if this is true than it would be a bit strange that my left side has problems for the thirth time now .
so i am starting to think there might be something wrong with the amp , but i have no idea about how to find out what that can be

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 11
I have a LD MKIV and used it with the DT880 600ohm (when I owned it), and I use it now with the 600 ohm Beyer T1.  With the T1, I rarely get past about 30-40 on the pot (and it goes up to 100).  Great voltage, good current.  The LD has no problem driving a 600ohm load.

Are you actually dealing with someone from beyerdynamic (I've found their people to be really good), or are you dealing with an agent or dealer?

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 11
i contacted beyerdynamic but i have not heard anything back yet , the guy i have te argument with is an agent , beyerdynamic has 2 of them and this is one .
i think i will send the mails i got from him to beyerdynamic so they can see how their agents deal with customers , he already lost his onkyo dealership that way .
hey does not aswer my questions anymore , i asked him where he got his info regarding the little dot because he can yell all he wants but he will need some proof to convince me

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #6 of 11
  i contacted beyerdynamic but i have not heard anything back yet , the guy i have te argument with is an agent , beyerdynamic has 2 of them and this is one .
i think i will send the mails i got from him to beyerdynamic so they can see how their agents deal with customers , he already lost his onkyo dealership that way .
hey does not aswer my questions anymore , i asked him where he got his info regarding the little dot because he can yell all he wants but he will need some proof to convince me

He can't get any proof because he is just wrong. 600ohms seems to be a sweetspot for this amp (power peak, higher damping factor), and ohms law in this case is completely irrelevant to whether the amp can drive headphone or not.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 11
Try sending a PM to this guy - http://www.head-fi.org/u/391817/beyer1924

Esra has been brilliant to deal with so far, and is an exemplary example of how good beyerdynamic's service is in reality (ie very good!) 

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #8 of 11
ok , i can try to do that but first i want to see if i can get any further with beyedynamic , is he connected to beyer?
but is it possible to find out if there is something wrong with my little dot? 
there is a guy nearby me who deals in high end equipment , perhaps he can measure something on the output line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back