I am looking for an amp <$200
Feb 27, 2007 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an amp. I would prefer it to be small, but does not have to be portable. I will be using it with grado sr60's when i purchase them, and audio technica ES7's sometimes. I was looking at the headphonia, but i would like others insight.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, what about a diy amp. i am new at this, so how would i go about with this?

Most of the more popular DIY amplifiers have good tutorials out there, in addition to the schematics. However they still require the builder to have some knowledge about and experience with the soldering iron. If you know how to solder, it should be fairly easy to follow the tutorials and build you own. Also the DIY forums have great people who will be very willing to help out
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Oh, DIY kits range in completeness and size. Some kits come with everything you need, while others are just a printed circuit board - all other components such as the casing, operational amplifiers, capacitors and resistors, volume pot etc, you have to supply yourself

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangsta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LD2++ is really good for the money.

x2.

If it doesn't have to be portable and you want a pure tube sound, the LD2++ is hard to beat for the price.

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 10
I dont have a particular amp to recommend, but I can advise you that watching the used market is always a great idea in this hobby, because people tend to take great care of their gear

also, if you're willing to go diy then i seriously recommend it! however you'll have to appreciate that it wont be super cheap the first time because of the costs of buying a soldering iron and multimeter etc. However, DIY is great because it gives you so much freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back