I am DONE with Shure
Mar 4, 2010 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Listen2this1

100+ Head-Fier
So I bought with my employee accomidation a pair of E3c's and they were fine until I opened the case up and seen that one funnel was broken. I was told by Shure that I got one of the batch that the plastic was breaking. So I went sent them out to Shure and I had to talk them into replacing them since I did not pay retail. They did finally replace them.

The other night I was listening to them on my iPod and I noticed that the left channel went soft. I tried a different song the same. The next morning I tried them on my home rig and for sure the left channel is really soft. The treble is soft but the bass seems to be ok. I have never had a headphone that has had two issues within 1 year. On top of this I have maybe put 100 hours on this set.

I guess I will try a different IEM.

Just noticed wrong forum. please move to portable/iems

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 14
I'd like know how you got your Shures to last so long; I ended up selling mine after cable failures.

However, I did have a chance to learn about the new Shure IEMs that have detachable cables. If the cable goes south, it's easy to find a replacement, so I'm seriously in the market when those come out. Until then, though, no touch for me.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 14
What you've described sounds like a wax problem. Have you cleaned/replaced your wax guards?

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 14
The E3's don't have wax guards. You have to manually clean them using an included tool. Those earphones are extremely old...I'm surprised to hear they still make them given how out of date they are and, frankly, how horrible they sound compared to most modern IEM's. Personally, if I were you, I would return them for a refund if possible and buy something else. I left those behind long ago once I found out modern earphones costing half as much already sounded better.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 14
Are you SHURE you want to give up? Ahaha... I'm so not funny
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hm, that's odd.

my shures have always been pretty hardy.

My E5c even worked for a year after being put through a wash cycle. :X

I don't think it's odd at all, I will not buy another Shure product that does not have a user detachable/replaceable cable (and even then...) after losing 3 pairs of their IEMs (2 e2c, 1 SCL4) to cables developing shorts. The SCL4 developed a short in less than 3 months of usage - and I am not rough with my IEMs - I do not just stuff them in my pocket or any such thing. I wear them between my shirt/undershirt and wind the cable up with a generous diameter. Many others in the portable headphones forum have had similar experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YESSS *Ego boost*

Get a room you two!
popcorn.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it's odd at all, I will not buy another Shure product that does not have a user detachable/replaceable cable (and even then...) after losing 3 pairs of their IEMs (2 e2c, 1 SCL4) to cables developing shorts. The SCL4 developed a short in less than 3 months of usage - and I am not rough with my IEMs - I do not just stuff them in my pocket or any such thing. I wear them between my shirt/undershirt and wind the cable up with a generous diameter. Many others in the portable headphones forum have had similar experiences.

Get a room you two!
popcorn.gif

Room, thread, same thing
k701smile.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 14
Ok, move on to a different brand then...

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #13 of 14
If you get something at accommodation pricing, it's not really cool to dis them publicly.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get something at accommodation pricing, it's not really cool to dis them publicly.

I would think they would want to take care of someone that is selling their product. There is more to a product than the material object. Companies should want to keep the customers they already have.

I have never had good to great audio products that I have felt I did not get my moneys worth. I just feel I got $20 out of a couple hundred worth of product.

Now that I do not work in industry, I will need to do a little research to decide on another pair.

What shoud I do with the broken ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back