I am done! (SR 225 and DT 770/80 breif impressions too)
Jun 24, 2006 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Meugenio

100+ Head-Fier
That is it, my journey is done, its over. All before 100 posts. The last thing I need to do is sell my iM716s. I think I will use that plus the 50 dollars I got for my A900 along with my PA2V2 for a fun amp.

The reason I am done is because from what I have read, I have two of the most "fun" cans around:
The Beyerdynamic DT 770/80- I started with some DT 250s, but nope, not right. Then I bought some A900s, but from what I read, nope not right, and then the DT770/80s, very much right. It is bass heavy yes, but incredibly impactful, slow and just GREAT for my underground hiphop tendencies. It is also a TANK in my opinion, and can last a beating. They are my portable cans and I even ride my bike with them on. GARROVEABLILTY!

The Grado Sr-225- I skipped the 60s 80s MS1 and 125s, went straight to these babys. They get your teeth showing, as they will bring upon a smile to anyone. They are so detailed, so impactful, so, sooo great. They really rock, and for some reason, they make all recordings sound as if they are rock music. It is an odd phenomenon. Talk about ROCKABILITY!

Well all I need now is a "fun" amp for my "fun" phones. Unless the PA2V2 is fun enough, who knows, I dont.

WHOO!
basshead.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 16
Same here almost done.
2 more purchases for self, Koss Porta Pro for portable use and a second PA2v 2.
icon10.gif

Then back to possible hi fi upgrades
confused.gif
Still love the sound from the proper speakers - second power amp maybe
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meugenio
That is it, my journey is done, its over.

There is this phone called Grado RS-1... have you heard abou it yet?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
There is this phone called Grado RS-1... have you heard abou it yet?
very_evil_smiley.gif

You're gonna be the one that puts him living in a cardboard box..
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 16
I removed myself from the scene for a while once and when I checked back I discovered I missed that whole HF-1 thing
eek.gif
Had a shortlived itnerest in building a new amp but bailed due to lack of funding and then vanished for 2 months to enjoy my equipment. The other day I stopped by to see what was going on......well I might be buying some RS2s come this fall........darn you all.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator88
I removed myself from the scene for a while once and when I checked back I discovered I missed that whole HF-1 thing
eek.gif
Had a shortlived itnerest in building a new amp but bailed due to lack of funding and then vanished for 2 months to enjoy my equipment. The other day I stopped by to see what was going on......well I might be buying some RS2s come this fall........darn you all.
orphsmile.gif

I left for about a year after buying px100's and hd280's. Then for some reason I ended up back here. A few amps and headphones later I am addicted again.

I love my sr225's, infact they are on my head right now. I really want to get a pair of DT770-250's for my next amp, but it looks like that won't happen for a while.

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #11 of 16
Who else laughs a bit inside when they see threads titled like this? I did.

One is never done. Plus I see you going to RS-2 for a bit more "fun" than the 225s.

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #12 of 16
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67

One is never done. Plus I see you going to RS-2 for a bit more "fun" than the 225s.

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

"One Does not Simply Walk Into HeadFi."

Made me keekle a bit.

Jun 25, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

How are the RS-2s more fun?

Jun 25, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Saying you're done with audio equipment is like saying "I'll only have one more cheese puff... No, I sware, only one more!" Next minute you find yourself going for another handfull.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back