I am a new westone 4R owner need help on comply/shure tips.
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #16 of 20
I wanted to add a suggestion.  With my westone 4 and most of my other thin nozzle iems, i use the core from the shure olives.  I leave just a tiny bit of foam on and just about every larger diameter tip will fit.  I use the monster regular round rubber tips most often.  Good isolation, no deep insertion, and no need to compress foam to for fit.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
I wanted to add a suggestion.  With my westone 4 and most of my other thin nozzle iems, i use the core from the shure olives.  I leave just a tiny bit of foam on and just about every larger diameter tip will fit.  I use the monster regular round rubber tips most often.  Good isolation, no deep insertion, and no need to compress foam to for fit.

It's easier if you get the whole pack of Monster SuperTips. You'll get a bunch of adapters so those SuperTips can fit any earphones no matter the nozzle size. I'm not sure about Phonak though, as they seem to use a rare size of nozzle. I was seriously considering to get them, but then I found some reviews saying those are not so "super". Now I'm happy with my DIY foam tips. They are cheap, and I got the best parts of Complys and Olives in them.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Get the P-version and cut off the top so it is flush/flat to where the inner stem starts.  This cuts down on the treble being so muffled.

Or, with your thumb, you push on the top tip, flush\flat to the tube, then rolling before insertion. Stay 10 sec. in ears to fully decompress, and you done!

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #20 of 20
Hi guys! 

Comply tips, Stars tips, ...and so on! W4 is realy Tips Dependant IEM!!

The SMO (Sony Hybrid mod) work fine for me and forsome other Headfiers here but... have find another similar alternative that shake my head a bit more!  Maybe you'l love it either!

I call this Code: PA747A Mod.

I dont want to detailed here all the SMO procedures, almost  Headfiers here knows already!

Simple, all you need is 2 things.

* The plastic Tube, from any old, or unused foamy tips that to big for your canal. Carefully clean. Using some alccol or varnish nail remover can help. Be carefull    
...with alcool! Or use any of your personal receipes.

** And finally, a pair of "SHURE PA749A Soft Flex Sleeves" (for E2 and Quiet Spot)
(There coming from my old deceded E2c)  

Sony Hybrid sleeve [M] is to small & thin  (IMO) It's so why am using now the Shure Mod!

Keep me informed about your opinions,  the sound A/B test you did with!

If someone need some work prodedures picts letmeknow, but, I think it will needless!!

Bonne chance!

EAGLES - Hotel California live ( Hell Freezes Over album)   AWESOME!

Tips of the triks:
*  Before inserted your final work, coat lightly the noozle with some... your personal favorite grease... from your fronthead, nose or any kind of body grease.
You can either use "Oto-Ease" if your out of sebum!

** Open you mouth  a bit before inserted in your canal will help!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back