I actually listened to those Dr Dre Beats and was not impressed at all
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 18
Someone let me a pair of those Dr Dre Beats to make a review. They are nicely made and comfortable... but this is all positive I can say about them.
Be it the internal amplificaction, the noise cancelling circuit, the drivers desing or all sum up, the sound was the worse thing I heard in a long time. It was imposisble for me to stand them put with music more than some minutes. I discovered what does 'induced headache' means.
To say something like Senn PX100 or Grado SR60 sounds better is just insulting those nice cheap units...

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
milkweg, you might have had a damaged set due to too many people pressing the "louder" button.

Perhaps, but they had 2 sets side by side and they both distorted. I think whoever set it up just set the default volume too loud for the what the headphones could handle. I listened to a Bose demo display one day and they had a volume control. I guess the Beats want to appeal to only teenage headbangers who only listen to music at very loud volumes.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I generally don't rush to condemn threads but this really has been discussed before... a lot...

So have HD650, DT990 and AD700. Your point was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back