Hypothetical Question about Beyer T1 Technology
Jan 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

rhfactor1

100+ Head-Fier
If Beyerdynamic's new T1 Headphone is an overwhelming success how long would it take them to use trickle down technology to revise the DT series line? I myself would say they could do it in about a year at maybe 2011 C.E.S. What does anyone else out there think? I also would like to see the new series keeping the (1) in some aspect renamed the DT771, DT881, and DT991; what do think about this? And hopefully keep all the headphones at the 600 ohm resistance level.

But I'm probably wishing too much and they wouldn't release any upgraded DT models for at least two years or longer (mores the pity). I just can't see upgrading my 20+ year old Beyerdynamic DT 990 (which I dearly love) until they do something like this. Beyerdynamic could still keep the T1 as a very exclusive product by keeping the aluminum parts etc. I just wish more of the general buying public would be able to share in their new technology. Happy Listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 11
Did Senn do that or plan to do that with it's lower line in respect to the HD800?

I honestly wouldn't hold my breathe.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 11
Why would beyerdynamic do that and reduce their profits? They are in business to make money.

I agree, Sennheiser didn't do this, Grado hasn't and I would say that beyerdynamic won't either.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 11
I bet they can do it in 3 months, but does not see why. . .
That will most certainly hurt the sale of their T1

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 11
If the consumer stuff would be better the T1 wouldn't be a good deal. There is no need to change them.

Get yourself a DT880 600ohm though. They sound phenomenal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 11
Yeah, I doubt we will see much trickle-down...but I also agree that for the monet the current DT770/880/990 are very good headphones.

Personally, I am just hoping for a T1-level closed headphone from Beyer...

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would beyerdynamic do that and reduce their profits? They are in business to make money.

I agree, Sennheiser didn't do this, Grado hasn't and I would say that beyerdynamic won't either.
biggrin.gif

Not yet I guess, they should if they are smart. There is $1000 USD price gap between HD800 and HD650. Same for Beyer, huge price gap to next model. As for Grado, not so much, they have always been expensive and fix priced.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 11
Just my hope and ramblings of things that may happen with trickle down theory for Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser within the next year.

To start with; Beyerdynamic will come out with T1 technology upgrades for all its "DT" series or at least a new model between th T1 and "DT" models using T1 technology. Possibly $200 USD over and above any "DT" models at this time.

And for Sennheiser a new headphone maybe the "HD-700" that use HD-800 technolgy that possibly would retail about $200 USD over and above any "DT-6XX" models at this time. Then possibly discontinue the HD-600 so I can buy one at $150 USD new.

Of course any of the above is pure conjecture and speculation, but if I have learned anything from being a member of "Head-Fi" this is about 50% of the time that we might spend on discussions, we have no privy to executive or marketing decisions of the above companies. But I believe after the initial rush that Sennheiser is not selling the HD-800 as prolifically worldwide due to economic conditions. I also believe that any of the above would make good economic sense. But I'm just placing my hopes and ramblings into the mix. Happy Listening.
beyersmile.png

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado has technology?
biggrin.gif

When you make among the best headphones in the world, of course you have technology!
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you make among the best headphones in the world, of course you have technology!
confused_face(1).gif

No, just persistence and engineering ability.

The main hurdle is giving a damn.

I've read the writeups about the T1 and nothing there looks like technology newer than about 1979. Just a decent application of known methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back