Hyperactive Pink Activity........
Jul 30, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
the biggest problem i have right now is that sobriety can be pretty boring.

Yeah, that was my problem when I quit for a while. Not having a girlfriend/wife or many friends in the area leads to extreme boredom at times, so I started back again. When I see a good enough reason to quit again, I will. Also, after a few beers my rig just sounds better for some reason.

Jul 30, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #32 of 43
One drink always seems like a good idea.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #33 of 43
Good Luck Mike. If you can bear it try some Vaughan-Williams especially the pastoral symphony. Lovely but will not raise anybody's blood pressure or metabolic rate, described by some as sublime inaction. Then get a lava lamp or goldfish - I am serious.

Cheers

Jul 30, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
Then get a lava lamp or goldfish - I am serious.

Hi Jim,

I think enough time has past since Muttley died and I'm feeling ready to rescue a dog from the local kennel so that'll keep me occupied! Knowing me I'll come home with 2 dogs.

Mike.

Jul 30, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Hi Jim,

I think enough time has past since Muttley died and I'm feeling ready to rescue a dog from the local kennel so that'll keep me occupied! Knowing me I'll come home with 2 dogs.

Mike.

thats a great idea. you'll have someone to take care of and be outside more.

Jul 30, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Hi Jim,

Mike.

Having a dog is great and it does stop you getting too self-obsessed, when the plaintive howl goes up at 7.25am you have to go deal with it, you are certainly not going to sleep through it
biggrin.gif

Though we really miss old Max the new dog is great to have around, now if we could just get her stop eating the plasterboard.

They do say that people with pets are more relaxed and show lower levels of stress than the pet-challenged.

Cheers

Jim

Jul 30, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #37 of 43

Dont replace one addiction with another. I think Head-FI is enough. If I remember correctly extra energy is a side effect of detoxing. I think you'll start feeling sluggish soon and then back to normal. Keep us updated as to how you feel. Good Luck!

Jul 30, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I don't know if it's conducive to your surroundings, but you could get a drum set. They're usually a great way to let out your energy, you can just go crazy on them and in like a half hour your tired as heck...maybe that's just me, lol.

Anyway, I wish you the best!
wink.gif

Now that is a good suggestion considering I used to play drums years ago, I might just have thump on me old bongo right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #40 of 43
it may not work for you, but when the whim-whams got a hold of me, i put on a good record and sing along at the top of my lungs. gets my yah-yahs out, so to speak.

Jul 31, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #41 of 43
Shoot somebody. Then you'll feel better. Or maybe let lotsa sex fill the void.
However, on the serious side, I wish you luck and stay the course, what ever good things it takes.
blink.gif
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 1:08 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
it may not work for you, but when the whim-whams got a hold of me, i put on a good record and sing along at the top of my lungs. gets my yah-yahs out, so to speak.

Me thumping my Bongo and you getting your yah yahs out lol.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #43 of 43
I know this sounds a bit strange, but try chamomile tea with honey as a substitute to normal tea, it's quite drinkable and would be more likely to calm you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back