Hyper X Cloud or Sony Wireless Gold for my PS4
Jan 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheEMTguy

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I am just trying to decide between the wireless gold headset from sony or the hyper x cloud to use with my PS4. I have the glacier white edition and so the hyper x cloud would go nicely (because the white wireless gold were discontinued), however looks are not everything and I want to choose the best one between the two. I have heard nothing but good things about the hyper x cloud but I also know the sony wireless gold has an EQ program with it.

I was going to get the M50x but may get a sony headset at another time just for my on the go music needs, plus I read that the soundstage is very small for gaming.

Thanks for any help!

Jul 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 6
I realize that this is an old thread, but if you're still active and looking, I would definitely go with the Sony Gold.
I own a pair myself, and it's just amazing for what it is and does, I can hear every footstep my enemies make, so it makes flanking nearly impossible for them (so long as I'm not talking to my squad).
 Anyway, hope you see this and hope it helps in the future.

beyersmile.png

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 6
This is an old post but it comes up under searches for Sony Gold headset, and my Golds (and a ton of other people's sets as well) crack under normal or even gentle use. The hinges are poorly designed and fail quickly, but even if you repair those, the entire band is made of one piece of thin, brittle plastic, and nothing else. It develops stress cracks under the flexing from taking the headphones on and off, so it breaks.

I do not recommend the Gold headphones unless you're okay with spending $65-80 on a headset that has late-stage cancer of the plastic.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 6
I owned a Hyper X Cloud Core for a considerable amount of time (don't use them very often anymore as I stopped gaming to study). Personally I enjoy their value for the price - soundstage is wide and sound quality is decent, mic is clear and does its job, and they are very comfortable with their plushy earpads. This set of headphones is widely acclaimed as a very good 'value for money' gaming headset as well by many reviewers. Recommended by me too at least!

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Yea, the Hyper X Cloud is quite old now...
Bought mine quite a while ago, when they had only just released the Cloud I and it recieved alot of hype and praise :) 
Hyper X really delivers on quality though, the audio performance on the revolvers is actually pretty good for a set of gaming headphones (have tried a friends pair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back